Drives
Integra DC5R

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He has the support of the owners. Both the Thai (?) majority owner of the team, and the RB parent company.

FIA have said it's an internal process and they trust RB to have dealt with it fairly.

Both Toto and Zach have called publicly for an independent assessment, saying merely trusting Red Bull is not enough. Maybe others have in private.

Problem is, he could be completely innocent. Or maybe she got paid off. Or maybe her accusations were just dismissed. Nobody knows until some truly independent body looks at it.

Doubt it will happen though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In other news, looks like still nobody really has a clue what is what after the testing so far. Other than Red Bull is still looking like the one to beat.

Actually looking forward to qualifying tomorrow 😎

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think there’s been a shift since the death of Dietrich Mateschitz.

Red Bull (parent company) would like former RB Leipzig CEO to run it for them. Guessing this is all a ploy to make Horner jump instead of paying him off.

Interesting to see what happens in the near future.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Why they would get rid of Horner (allegations aside) I have no idea. Now I have no love for him at all, he is a smarmy Arsehole but there is no denying he is fantastic at his job. None of the other TP can get under the skin of their competitors and throw them off the way he can. Who the hell would they bring in that could been be on par with his success, never mind improve upon it.

Maybe bring Fred over from Ferrari and lighten the place up a bit 😂

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
All internal politics at Red Bull & the F1 team itself. I would imagine Marko has a big say & would like a bigger say.

Christian is fantastic at his job and they’d be mad to shift him on.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I can imagine that the person who raised the allegations (or their legal team) has gotten the hump at the case being dismissed and leaked the evidence themselves. It's not like it's gonna be a comfortable workplace after this whole affair anyway and are likely already somewhere else now or shortly.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
There’s an image of said leak online but it doesn’t make for much reading.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
And there is no way of knowing if any "leak" is genuine, or relevant, or fair, or anything else.

Reactions: DC.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
IMG_2983.jpeg

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
The leaked messages are here if anyone can be arsed.

TL;DR - He had a fling with his PA and flirty texts were sent, then she became uncomfortable about it and said they should stop, but he would keep pestering her on away trips.

It's a bit of a non-story tbh, but I know some corporations look dimly at employee's getting romantic so no doubt the pressure is on him to quit.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
The leaked messages are here if anyone can be arsed.

TL;DR - He had a fling with his PA and flirty texts were sent, then she became uncomfortable about it and said they should stop, but he would keep pestering her on away trips.

It's a bit of a non-story tbh, but I know some corporations look dimly at employee's getting romantic so no doubt the pressure is on him to quit.

Not really a non story if she asked him to stop and he didn't its considered harassment. The fact he got away with it IF that is the case is illegal.

But the onus is on the complaint to then take it further to an employment tribunal and will have to pay expenses such as lawyer, witness expenses and so on, so if its someone going against a wealthy and powerful person like Horner then I doubt they will get that far. Thats likely why they leaked the chats as thats a more direct route to damage his rep.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Not really a non story if she asked him to stop and he didn't its considered harassment. The fact he got away with it IF that is the case is illegal.

But the onus is on the complaint to then take it further to an employment tribunal and will have to pay expenses such as lawyer, witness expenses and so on, so if its someone going against a wealthy and powerful person like Horner then I doubt they will get that far. Thats likely why they leaked the chats as thats a more direct route to damage his rep.
I'll admit that I know little about tribunals and employment law, but an independent barrister investigated it and came to the conclusion there was no case to answer.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
For anyone thinking of watching this on catchup, its an hour of your life you could spend an aweful lot better. Pretty dismal tbh