F1 2024

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In other news, looks like business as usual after the first quali of 2024.

Fully expect Max to disappear a pit stop or two out front.

The rest look very close. Lewis being the odd one out, just didn't seem able to string a lap together.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Was a good qualifying I thought, felt like it was anyones right through until the end. I’m not so sure Max will have it just as easy as last year, everyone elses cars seem more predictable this year and hopefully easier on their tyres.

Will be good behind him regardless, some quality across the top 10.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Was a good qualifying I thought, felt like it was anyones right through until the end. I’m not so sure Max will have it just as easy as last year, everyone elses cars seem more predictable this year and hopefully easier on their tyres.

Will be good behind him regardless, some quality across the top 10.
*top 10 and Perez.

I joke 😜

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Replaced by hulkenberg mid season….. haha

Fair play to hass, the media had written them off and they probably will destroy their tyres as usual but still.

Shocking how poor a factory team like Alpine performed.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
He could be replaced by Mazepin mid season and I don't think there'd be a huge difference in the number of crashes into other drivers or scenery...🤣

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Nope. The barrister investigated it and then passed on their findings to red bull who then decided on the outcome
Fair enough, you got me on the semantics there, but I'm still of the opinion it's a non-story in the grand scheme of things and if there was any illegality found then CH would be out already and have a day in court to look forward to.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Spider_Man_meme.jpg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Yeah not much to say about that, slightly flattered by the 2 cars behind having issues but I mean ultimately made zero difference.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
So, what does everyone think about 2025, now 2024 is done and dusted 😅

Red Bull literally just picking how much they want Max to win by. Only reason he won't win the lot is if he gets a puncture or something. He can start every race last and still win by a pit stop or two. Perez was passing everyone like they were standing still until he switched to coasting in second.

Good behind. All the top teams have stepped up, relative order seems the same with Ferrari slightly ahead. I think there is more to come from Mercedes, we'll see if they can catch Ferrari. Now that would be ironic 😅

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
That is a very ominous start to the season, really had some hope after free practice that RB wouldn't get it all their own way but like testing it meant nothing. So RB, Ferrari then looks pretty tight between Mclaren & Mercedes. Bit more mixed further down at least but who knows

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It appears Jos is out sniping against Horner in public again, saying Horner is tearing the team apart.

And old Ben has waded in, putting pressure on Max to publicly back Horner. Apparently independently verified by BBC, though I haven’t seen how.

FIA are apparently in discussions with F1 rights holders too. No details on what exactly is being discussed.

Meanwhile Horner is maintaining he is going nowhere.

Bit of a mess.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It appears Jos is out sniping against Horner in public again, saying Horner is tearing the team apart.

And old Ben has waded in, putting pressure on Max to publicly back Horner. Apparently independently verified by BBC, though I haven’t seen how.

FIA are apparently in discussions with F1 rights holders too. No details on what exactly is being discussed.

Meanwhile Horner is maintaining he is going nowhere.

Bit of a mess.
Did you see old Ben put up an unsurprisingly tone deaf cretinous insta post before the race of a nice memory of the inaugural Bahrain gp of himself with.....Prince Andrew and Max Mosley 🤣.

He really is an utter ****wit, well his PR team made him take it down it seems 🤣

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Why’s Jos even commentating on it. He should just stfu nothing to do with him in all honesty

It would be weird if my mum showed up at my work complaining about my boss 🤣
100% this. He's just someone who's invited to every race and has no official position within the team.

It's pretty obvious now who the source was who leaked the story to the Dutch media.
Jos is Max' manager or something is he not?
He's got nothing to do with his son's career afaik and he's only there because Max can get him an all areas pass for every race.

He was persona non grata in the RBR garage for a couple of years, then reappeared again around 21-22 and I can only assume he was originally banned on CH's request and now it's time for some payback. Rumours are also going around that he's now knobbing CH's ex-PA and that's how he came into possession of the leaked text's.

Last edited:

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
It's pretty obvious now who the source was who leaked the story to the Dutch media.

Nope, he's got nothing to do with his son's career and he's only there because Max got him an all areas pass.

He was persona non grata in the RBR garage for a couple of years, then reappeared again around 21-22 and I can only assume he was originally banned on CH's request and now it's time for some payback. Rumours are also going around that he's now knobbing CH's ex-PA and that's how he came into possession of the leaked text's.
Ah the F1 rumour mill, the circus carries on