06 Mondeo ST TDCI things to look out for?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Will be an 07 in silver 2 owners, second being my misses - ffsh with 40k for sale here as soon as I can be assed getting the pictures up too :grinning:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car

Not 100% sure yet but she has been getting strong trade bids as these cars are in high demand. A friend of mine is a ford dealer and has a list of people waiting on clean ST TDCI's traded in to him.

stuarti

RMS Regular
viewed a few recently...all dung... was trying to get a clean one but gave up... they werent clean like sellers said they were.....!! usual story

Rfg

RMS Regular
yea for a standard one its a few pound more but mine has the remap lowered 19" wheels with 4 new tyres privacy glass airtec intercooler decat pipe and the Asbo brake upgrade 12 months tax and test Full service history everything u would need for an ST plus u know its mint.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
A turbo blew on one I was driving, car had around 100k at the time. So I'm guessing that an issue.

Yes but is it your company one? Poor thing will have had the dung rung out of it since it was new

it seems now a days if you want a reliable car that doesn't give major problems.......buy a petrol

stuarti

RMS Regular
Yes but is it your company one? Poor thing will have had the dung rung out of it since it was new

it seems now a days if you want a reliable car that doesn't give major problems.......buy a petrol

yeah the more i read about tdci, or cdti or whatver it is, it seems they all have their problems, and internet searches can put you off any of them... i guess a well looked after and regularly serviced one is about as good as you can hope for.... after that...?? pot luck !!!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
yeah the more i read about tdci, or cdti or whatver it is, it seems they all have their problems, and internet searches can put you off any of them... i guess a well looked after and regularly serviced one is about as good as you can hope for.... after that...?? pot luck !!!

I fear that in a few years all these 1.2 turbos and 1.4 TSI things will start to give problem. I just don't believe that a 180 BHP 1.4 turbo and supercharged engine will prove reliable in the long term. Not that it really matters as people think a car with 50k miles on the clock is high mileage.

stuarti

RMS Regular
back to the topic, if i coulda got a clean ST i woulda bought one, ones i seen were tat though.. but prob didnt have the budget for a good one.. all cars have horror stories, ive had dmf/clutch/starter motor issues on my own focus tdci, but wouldnt put me off another turbo diesel car...!!!

Pug Nut

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
RS 2 feet
in the end i bought a VXR astra. bit of a difference from a diesel ST mondeo, but all the ones i looked at were crap and in poor condition as stuartwilson79 has found out too.

RonnieG's looks in great condition, but alot of ££. sadly too much for me to justify. but i'd be fairly confident that wen he advertises it'll sell quickly.

in total i saw 3 st's and none were worth anywere near asking price in my eyes.

stuarti

RMS Regular
yeah poor show on ones i seen, so I gave up, people were lookinsilly money for cars that needed too much work... drove 1 hr 40 mins to see a "mint" one... as new inside and out... drove up alongside it and didnt even get out of my car... !!!! waste of time... !

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.