08 SEAT Leon FR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Cupra grill does fit. Yours is pre facelift, mine was also pre face lift.

if the grille on the blue fr you posted is a Cupra grille I can't see much difference other than the colour?

I wanted the black honeycomb grille and spoke to Dave from SERE and he told me it doesn't fit.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Yeah Cupra grill is just black.
Cupra R grille would be the one which doesn't fit as its only for facelift models.
You could get a Linea R grill, it's honeycomb though not gloss black lol

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Yeah I was directed that way and after a look online they seemed pretty expensive and then you'd still have to get it sprayed/wrapped black. Ah well it can stay how it is, starting to get bored of it so it'll either be a map next year to keep me interested or it'll be sold lol.

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Some job! How did the lighting turn out?

Turned out well some difference from what it was, haven't fitted the sidelights yet (unsure whether to or not? Nor the rear interior light as I can't work out how to get the cover off without breaking it lol.
image.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
My interior leds had to come out , they were playing havoc with my dimming mirror and interior alarm sensor (wouldn't activate). Noticed they started to pulse when ignition was off , almost like it has some connection to the alarm led. Haven't has a chance to find out the exact issues yet .

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
So decided to treat the car to a bit of detailing, left the car with PMG Autocare for a couple of days for a paintwork enhancement and hydrophobic coating. This is the first time iv had a car professionally cleaned and I must say I'm mighty impressed.

While the car was there I got the interior and engine bay cleaned.

Few pics of the finished article!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Massive thanks to @big_pete for his hard work and providing a efficient professional service.

Thanks for looking.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Lovely car, never seen another that colour before and it really suits it. Nice to see an fr with a proper engine too lol

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
Looking well! Good to see the "petit flous" off the seat! Lol.
Just got mine done too
IMAG1398.jpg

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Update.

After much deliberation about selling the car and trying something new I decided to hold onto it and enjoy it. It's a clean car with decent miles and I know most of its history so I'd be silly to get rid after such a short time.

Today I took the car to Chris at TG Performance NI and took them up on the 25% discount on their Revo software before it ran out tonight.

The car took well to stage 1 and have to say I'm mighty impressed, car pulls strong through every gear and the difference from standard is night and day.

@Graham and Chris are top lads, very helpful and answered any questions I asked them without hesitation.

Next up is some form of brake upgrade and just continue to keep it clean.

Cheers.

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Had the car up at OBD autotube on Saturday, was abit dissapointed in the bhp figures but happy enough with the torque. If I keep it I'll probably go stage 2 with it at sometime. Although I'm still keen to try other cars!!!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Also gave it a good wash today and I'm happy to report the hydrophobic protection coating is still doing a fantastic job at protecting the paintwork, makes washing the car ever so handy.
image.jpg

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Possibly against site rules so delete as appropriate....

I have the car for sale the last few weeks and don't appear to be getting anywhere!!!

The car was up for £8k and iv since reduced that to £7850 and still no takers.

So what do you guys think this car is worth?

Bronk

RMS Regular
look at the likes of pistonheads and see what they are sitting at.. but i reckon if you put the price at 6750-7000 you would get more interest etc

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
look at the likes of pistonheads and see what they are sitting at.. but i reckon if you put the price at 6750-7000 you would get more interest etc

Yeah iv had a look and advertised it on there, the problem is FRs are usually diesel and it's the cupras like yours are the petrol ones. I couldn't take that much of a hit in such a short time :worried:

AndyG

RMS Regular
I wouldn't take a such a hit at the car with it being such a good car.. Make it faster and you'll probably want to keep it!

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
I wouldn't take a such a hit at the car with it being such a good car.. Make it faster and you'll probably want to keep it!

Thats the problem owes me about £8.5 and its a real good clean car. Iv dropped the price to £7.5k and if no interest I'll just keep it. The thing with making it faster is it'll be more dead money lol.

I'm really wanting an M3 or a Impreza, and I'm going to be busy for a couple of months so the car will just be sitting up doing nothing.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.