14k for //////770bhp Ballistic MR2 Machine///////

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
There was a time when it was thought there was only 1 MR2 in the UK with this kit on, so i assume he let someone copy the arches & front valance. I remember him years ago on the MR2 forums, wouldn't have let anyone copy them. So he either gave in, or they've been copied off another car.

I actually imported a set of MR2 wide arches(not the same ones as the ones in this thread) from Japan at great cost, i actually had a guy on the USA forums go to the shop in Japan and buy them (he lived there), then ship them to me. Put photos of them up on one of the MR2 forums, and some bodykit guy seen them, imported them himself & is now selling knock offs at less than half the price :mad:

Whats funny is that that no-one had even heard of these before i brought a set over, now they are being flogged to everyone, and i don't even want to fit my originals!

Pic of the ones i have, taken outside the shop they were bought from!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4p3duf87qqk.jpg
    4p3duf87qqk.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 445

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Yeah MR2 auto I met him when he had the Iron Man MR2 think that touched 900Bhp ish. He knew his stuff engine wise not so much styling wise. Most kits for the MR2 are fake as the originals are probably all wrecked through hedges by now.

A mate of mine was searching for a toms rear centre panel for years. Saw it in a japanese movie and was just obsessed with it but never found one LOL
None of my parts are fake :cool:

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
You can no longer buy the front bumper or sideskirts. And the rear is just some spats for the standard bumper. The arches cost me around £350 by the time i paid for the import duty that Royal Mail raped me for! 8o|

Yes i still have an MR2. Several in fact :-#

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
No because they are sitting in my parts room, still the box they came in! Complete with JDM labels y0!

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF7682.jpg
    DSCF7682.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 268

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
PMSL.. all those are disrupting the airflow into the engine bay, and actually decreasing the performance. That car is just a proper chavved up ebay special, including those scoops.

Strictly speaking, they should only be be used on the non-turbo anyway, in conjunction with the TOM's airbox. Anyone fitting them to a turbo car is just doing so for cosmetic purposes, as they were only ever fitted to non-turbo cars. And TOM's only ever made the scoop for the nearside of the car, seeing a car with one on each side is just epic fail.

You've learned something new today Karlos.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Those Scoops Are Horrible, I Used To See Loads On MR2OC lol

MR2's Just Need A Rev3 Spoiler, Rev3 Lip And Rear Lights, And Thats The Outside Done!

Edit Also Alot Of People Mistake "Twin Entry Turbo" For "Twin Turbo" lol

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
PMSL.. all those are disrupting the airflow into the engine bay, and actually decreasing the performance. That car is just a proper chavved up ebay special, including those scoops.

Strictly speaking, they should only be be used on the non-turbo anyway, in conjunction with the TOM's airbox. Anyone fitting them to a turbo car is just doing so for cosmetic purposes, as they were only ever fitted to non-turbo cars. And TOM's only ever made the scoop for the nearside of the car, seeing a car with one on each side is just epic fail.

You've learned something new today Karlos.

I've learned a litte, but it still doesn't change my mind about them cosmetic snorkles.

Still love the look of them, and if i had an MR2 i'd want them puppies. Each to their own, and them I'd be wanting.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I love it.

BTW, tyre name paint, is that cool now again, cause ive always wanted to do the tyre paint on the ZT.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
Yeah the toms scoop as mr2 auto said was specifically for a toms air box. I had an ARC air box on mine but Toms done a complete aero pack to compliment those scoops including undertray modifications the lot.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I'd find the power figures hard to believe on that turbo and standard ignition.

I couldnt get past 1.8 bar on standard ignition, running fine on 2.3bar with proper ignition now.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.