Facelift focus st3 mk2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Havent had a members car thread up in a good while was driving a derv leon fr as needed economy but a change in job and getting a work van meant was time for something petrol again

Its a 2008 focus st3
63k with folder stamped with nearly all ford and plenty of receipts

Has a 3" moongoose system which I find myself driving with the window down alot

Future plans
Wheel refurb
Remap unsure wether dreamscience or bluefin
Bigger intercooler
Triple r splitter
Upgraded clutch possibly rs one
20150901_172337.jpg
20150901_172419.jpg
20150901_172528.jpg
20150901_172435.jpg

Wil have to get better pics once I get it detailed

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
The 5cylinder note is superb. I have had mine near 2years and I still spend nearly every journey with the music off and window down. Looks well, I love the mk2.5 in white. Enjoy

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Anyone upgraded to rs spark plugs ?
I put ngk iridium plugs in mine which come in the RS iirc.

It was mapped by momentum motorsport, I rang them before buying it to see if they knew the car as previous owner said they had mapped it. They did, and said it has an ST superchip in it. It is surprising how quick it is, on any straight it left my brothers s2000 with ease and they are no slouch.

It is a superb motor, there is never a day I do not enjoy driving it, even when I had it off the road for 2weeks with a brake issue and it was racking my brain, I never lost interest.

steveo21

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Looks good (y)

I went bluefin few months back. My standard clutch barely lasted few hundred miles before it started slipping.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
[QUOTE="steveo21, post: 2774947, member: 806yoLooks good (y)

I went bluefin few months back. My standard clutch barely lasted few hundred miles before it started slipping.[/QUOTE]
Have you upgraded the clutch yet ? What gears does Iit slip in ?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Lovely, white was always my fave colour in them and very fresh looking in facelift guise (y)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
lovely choice .. is it straight white or that pearl ? either way lovely motor ? ps i never got your pm as my inbox was full

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
A little bit of slip in full boost in 6th but only every now and again. Plus there is 139k on ours now lol

Mine was a factory mountune car so it has the mountune intercooler and an intake plus a downpipe also

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@Philljdm i have mine almost 4 years and has been mapped for near 3 years now by Autotune in ballymena.car has run perfect the whole time and made 270 or so from memory before other mods.wouldnt go past them tbh and will be doing my new car in next couple of weeks.There map for my new car is £350 where revo is £850 or something.Im not knocking revo bty ,just a bit expensive for me .

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
My old one was running 330 and was on an RS clutch, current one is around 300 and I don't feel it necessary yet, I'll do it when it needs one. £1000 for an RS clutch its a big spend

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Mine has been around 300 for well over 2 years now and though the clutch slips very occasionally I have never had to go down that route.If I had ever needed to replace it I would definitely went the rs route.i priced it ages ago and it was around £500 .any more than that sort of power and your into big money.Its the amount of torque that these produce that does the damage.Wiuld you be looking to replace your intercooler ect as my car will be forsale next week and I might put standard parts on it to sell .??

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Was hoping to get it mapped to stage 1 but was just worried about clutch slip then running into problems , eventually want rs clutch and big intercooler etc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.