Facelift focus st3 mk2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
**touch wood** but I have never had clutch slipping, and I have had it near 2years and it was mapped well before that. I wouldn't let it bother you that much, go enjoy what you have, if you want it faster, then it may be a side effect but cross that bridge when you come to it.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
my clutch is grand after dreamscience dsci map youre welcome to try it im only over the hill

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I haven't driven mine in over two weeks and as much as my new daily is a good car and quicker also,it is just so boring to drive.The noise is so addictive .

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
IMG-20150906-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20150906-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20150906-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20150906-WA0015.jpg
Got @ferret to give the paint a freshen up . Have to say am well pleased at how well the frozen white came up . Also got some pictures of both st's together just need to get mine lowered sitting like a boat compared to nigels

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i love the white so fresh looking , also love the st side badges off too

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Did they change much mechanically in the mk2/facelift ? Compared to the older ST ?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I don't think there was any changes apart from cosmetic .i could be wrong though.The face lift is so much tidier looking to my 07 spec .lovely cars both of them in the two best colours to be had in them.Personally might loose the red calipers but only my choice.might be an age thing as I am much older than you guys..always thought they sit quite low at the front with spring change,I know mine didn't like the 10 speed bumps around my estate.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Love it Iam sure everyone is sick of me saying my St was the best car ive owned to date. There's nothing in this sort of market that comes close to an St. Very nice in white front splitter and the black zun sport lower grills on these are really nice also does away with the front plate. Mongoose same as what I put on mine nice system but all the noise comes with a decat. Dreamscience map is a must for them very easy to achieve 300bhp but it's the torque you can get out of them my St tried to kill me a few times but I loved it. Would really love a nice low mileage facelift to keep but like the rs these have been creeping up in price. I bought my preface lift 4 years ago with 33k on it for 6250 the same car now would be worth at least a grand more.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
@gsmith yea have to say had a mk2 cupra last year and this just seems far much better . Must be all
Torque . Yea definitely going for a dreamscience map in next couple of weeks

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have to sell mine next week and i am hating it.im so going to miss it and has been totally trouble free for almost 4 years.on lpg to which makes it even better at£0.59 ppl.who cares that it only does 25 mpg .more chance of keeping my licence though .

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Not much of an update but got a dreamscience handset yesterday and has totally transformed the car ,running the dsci map which is great . So next up is get the wheels sprayed anthracite i think

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Bidding on a few on eBay atm there's an ultra edition one with a touchscreen and things but they seem to go for £400+
I think the Xmas special ds are doing for £330 with 7maps and free updates is good

gsmith

RMS Regular
Going to go for the imaps I think it's called of the dreamscience site. Comes with a nice wee handheld unit has the map I want and if I ever sell it set it to stock and send it up the road. How you finding it now it's mapped?

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Been trying a few of the maps race + and performance + but best map
Imo is dsci map about 275 -280 bhp and nice power delivery defintley makes the car more fun

gsmith

RMS Regular
Think Iam going to order the imap think it has the dsci map but also can get maps for it to match your mods for free from dreamscience. Think Iam going to have a go at one of these rsport coolers there rated for 330hp and get good reviews on the focus forum hard to beat for £250 standard pipes can be used. I'll eventually add silicone hoses.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
OP
Philljdm
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Yea think in new year will go for cooler myself . What focus forum you on ?
Had heko wind deflectors in but too noisy .

gsmith

RMS Regular
Focusstoc not as active as it was a few years ago but can usually find stuff out etc. Have a set of genuine discs and pads to put on mine this week but thinking cooler and map before Xmas then really the only expensive thing after that would be the cat back. Hoping to add a few cosmetic bits to mine in the new year have a new trc splitter but wanting to get the underside of the bumper sorted first then going to fit it after.

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Really like this car. The facelift makes such a difference and the noise is class. Was very close to buying an ST Focus but I only wanted white or orange :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.