1984 Raleigh Night Burner . MINT Showbike.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Right folks totally stunning fully restored 1984 Raleigh Night Burner . It has been beautifully restored and is unridden and is as nice as it gets . This is a perfect showbike and i know alot of you wont appreciate this but some will . To restore this bike to this standard has cost somewhere in the region of £500 - £600 . I need £420 for it if anyone is interested . Everything has been either re chromed , re-superchromed , re-annodised or else is new old stock. You wont find a better Night Burner anywhere . FACT!!!
Im only selling this as i need to thin my collection to fund a couple of really special builds.

14012009098.jpg

14012009102.jpg

15012009117.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0213.jpg

100_0214.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0216.jpg

100_0217.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0218.jpg

100_0219.jpg

100_0220.jpg

100_0221.jpg

100_0222.jpg

100_0224.jpg

100_0225.jpg

100_0230.jpg

100_0231.jpg

1001.jpg

1017.jpg

1015.jpg

1013.jpg

1AeroPro005.jpg

1AeroPro028.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Flip me thats some collection of burners mate (y)

GLWTS, great wee bikes, had a collection of them when I was young :grinning:

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
LOL cheers coog . thats only some of them there are several more . My really special ones are out of sight and not in pics untill they are finished tho. Its quite an addiction now .

RoniN

RMS Regular
Oh very nice Neil just what I needed to see to continue with restoring my chrome burner!!
Whats the difference between chrome and superchrome?

Cheers

Cess

RMS Staff
Bloody hell that's some time machine you got. It's like the primary school bikeshed all over again.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
RoniN This night burner is chrome but then is superchromed on top of the chrome . the superchrome is basically the dark grey clear coating over the chrome .

@ Graham . Trust me G , i cant keep them all ive sold several lovely bikes lately but the next one is going to be really special. G you should actually buy this;):p.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
this Team Burner pabs? It'd be perfect for you mate

This one is a nice restored bike but has had some light use and has had a couple of chips but theyre touched in . Spec as follows

Full crmo frame
blue sugino chainwheel
sugino spider
sugino bolts
nice clean unstamped crank
good mx1000 copy brakes
suntour pedals
bmx seat
blue faun grips
top bar pad
blue yaban chain
new skyway tuff2's
new gumwalls

Price is £250

1018.jpg

1014.jpg

GMKRS200

RMS Regular
OMG ... xmas 86 ' all over again , never thought i would see them
bikes again .
Good luck with the sale ...........(y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I'm pretty sure I had one with the white mags, though IIRC it came with white tyres too. Can't really remember. Would have been 1987 or thereabouts?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
my team burner still sitting in the packaging it came back from powder coating place in :oops: really must get it built over winter lol

ewok

RMS Regular
have you no chrome freestyle burners with the lay-back seat and the green plastic in round the front cog lol

scott1990

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 golf
neil i used to have 3 of the team buners we i was younger for messing about the farm on i think in the end they were chucked into the dump after seeing wat ur lookin for it i wish i had of kept them lol

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Lad any pics of the one third from the end between the one with black wheels and the other with yellow wheels, looks like its a blue frame?

1AeroPro005.jpg

I think its the one I had as a kid, and would love a few pics of it to see. BTW, awesome collection lad. (y)

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
Lad any pics of the one third from the end between the one with black wheels and the other with yellow wheels, looks like its a blue frame?

1AeroPro005.jpg

I think its the one I had as a kid, and would love a few pics of it to see. BTW, awesome collection lad. (y)

No probs mate . The third from the end with the black tyres is a

MK1 ULTRA Burner in black n gold . (one of my favourites)

ultra002.jpg

The blue and yellow next to it is a

MK1 Blue TUFF Burner

mk1003.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I nearly have enough to make a MK1 Blue TUFF Burner also, but it was cracked and welded when i was a kid so not that original, the seams are twice as strong though

in fact come to think of it, my team burner snapped the down tube at a time also pmsl

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
thats some collection! first ones the same age as me.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.