1988 Porsche 924S - project break it for cash

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good money in breaking them for parts. I tripled my money on the MX5 and the whole car is still basically there lol.

What you going to do with the shell? I always worry about how it'll get lifted & taken away if it's not rolling.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Well the wee porker is nearly gone. amazing the bits people be after.

engine is out and ready to be strapped to a pallet and shipped to mainland. Costing nearly as much to post than to buy it lol.

Sad to see it no longer, but I'm sure you did alright out of breaking it!

Was it a ball ache dealing with all the punters?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There's decent money in breaking a car for sure. Bit of hassle but can be fun if you've got the time.

Shell away yet?

KevM

RMS Regular
I was watching this thread weeks ago, you were 90% there too!!!

924.jpg

I had this one last year, did virtually nothing to it. I took the notion for a bit of lanes rallying & had it sold into the south in 3 days. Took £1500 for a quick sale but I could have asked and got more.

I hate seeing older cars broken... These, and MX5's are disappearing hand-over-fist!!! :worried:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
To be fair the mx5's are dissolving into nothing these days. Not many good solid ones about :worried:

KevM

RMS Regular
Its a lot of perception though. We've all seen the pics of the sill full of rusty water and got paranoid...

Because they have that rep, 'some' owners who don't know how to maintain, check or inspect their own car, see a bubble on the wheel-arch, or hear the word 'weld' at an MOT, get scared and think its terminal.
They panic-sell their solid car for buttons as a basket-case and it either gets broken, or bought for £400, diff welded and drifted to death!! A few hours interest & a hundred quid would go a long way to giving many a good wee MX5 another 20 years life!!

My 924 was surprisingly clean in terms of body rot, they were always the runt of the Porsche litter, but well engineered and not too temperamental. If the sunroof channels are kept clean and don't fill your fuse-box with water through time, they tend to be fairly hassle-free. Fuel lines and tank splits are the common areas of headache

Last edited:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
havent touched it in about 2 months but last of the panels off today for someone so its finally ready to get lifted.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.