1999 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Just off the phone with Michael there, had a number off issues with things not being calibrated the DV being knackered, small boost leaks etc. When he fixed one kept finding another. But that's her running good again and picking it up tomorrow.

Definitely 100% glad I brought it up there, I'd be at that for weeks!

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Cant wait to get it back.
Would the arms, subframe and diff carrier from a wrx classic estate be the same as the uk turbo? Found some that have been cleaned already with some PB's in it, for a little cash. Will be easier & quicker than sorting my own as they are in a bad way.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Would the arms, subframe and diff carrier from a wrx classic estate be the same as the uk turbo? Found some that have been cleaned already with some PB's in it, for a little cash. Will be easier & quicker than sorting my own as they are in a bad way.
I wouldnt have a clue to be honest.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Yep, obviously retain your own diff though

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Just off the phone with Michael there, had a number off issues with things not being calibrated the DV being knackered, small boost leaks etc. When he fixed one kept finding another. But that's her running good again and picking it up tomorrow.

Definitely 100% glad I brought it up there, I'd be at that for weeks!

Michael White knows his stuff like, couldn't recommend him enough. Good luck trying to decipher a receipt! Lol.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Knew I forgot to get something of him! D'Oh. Will have to give him a shout for one just to go in the folder :grinning:
So good to have it back, and prefer it without the dump valve oddly.
Was nicely warmed up coming onto the motorway so was able to open it up a bit, just up to 70 of course.

@Gambit I said about your exhaust gasket too, and he was giving you a call about it. Said you don't need one....

Gambit

RMS Regular
Yep he gave me a ring cheers (y) they dont use gaskets at all when fitting exhaust, just use a high temp rtv sealent - so problem solved!

are you running dump valve less now, or with std one in place? driving a lot better i take it then (y)

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Good stuff.
It has the standard recirc one back on it yeah. Running like a dream, sitting around 800rpm perfectly on idle, no hesitation through the range. :laughing:

Bit stiffer with the new springs in too, the way I prefer it.
Think a rear wheel bearing is going though start of a tell tale whir coming through.
I'll get the front strut brace put on tonight too.

Gambit

RMS Regular
should get them to do an 4 wheel alignment on it also - theyv'e plenty of experience in setting them up what with all the hillclimb scoobs they prepare - you wont be disappointed. but if you are going to be changing the rear subframe then no point until that is done

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Aye, I'll be doing it all in one go. Didn't know they done the alignment though, was just going to use mcgowans up there.
I'll get it booked in when I have the rear all sorted.

That's adding to the front steering rack bushes, power steering leak and front arb bushes lol!
At least I can do all of that though.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Impreza's are awesome aren't they?
No. There a pain in the ass!

Changing the steering rack, two bolts snapped, now have to take the subframe out to see if I can drill them out as the extraction duffer wasn't for budging them.
Got a set of uprated droplinks as Murray m'sport couldn't find the new ones and they don't fit the steel front arms....wonder if they have the alloy arms actually...
So back to newry in the morning to swap them and then painstakingly drill the subframe probably destroying ten drill bits in the process.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Knew I forgot to get something of him! D'Oh. Will have to give him a shout for one just to go in the folder :grinning:
So good to have it back, and prefer it without the dump valve oddly.
Was nicely warmed up coming onto the motorway so was able to open it up a bit, just up to 70 of course.

@Gambit I said about your exhaust gasket too, and he was giving you a call about it. Said you don't need one....

You removed your Scoobs dump valve? :eek:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.