2006 Nissan 350z GT

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I've got from JDM distro before & I'm currently waiting on new wheels landing, possibly around the time of your seats! .. It's always a long wait & you forget about them but you get a buzz when you get the email saying your parts have landed! lol .. Well worth it! They look class mate. (y)

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I've got from JDM distro before & I'm currently waiting on new wheels landing, possibly around the time of your seats! .. It's always a long wait & you forget about them but you get a buzz when you get the email saying your parts have landed! lol .. Well worth it! They look class mate. (y)
thanks, I know lol will be worth the wait, car is going off the road end of this month for the usual winter jobs n odds n ends, interior and engine bay is the target this winter, so hoping it'll be right for seats arriving, then will get them professionally cleaned etc, will sot ew bolsters if needed on drivers side, and then bolt them in.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
That’s the 350z taxed as of tomorrow, took it to get fuel at dinner time and honestly after driving a diesel estate mondeo for 4 months the zed feels like a race car.

Off to ricks garage in 2 weeks to have a coolerworx shifter kit fitted and the seats

Should

Be arriving with jdmdistro mid feb ( although their communication is atrocious)

Hoping to get it a decent clean tomorrow on my 1/2 day and wee run at the weekend

55837D28-F889-4A55-A84E-AE4A48A8F018.jpeg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
That’s the 350z taxed as of tomorrow, took it to get fuel at dinner time and honestly after driving a diesel estate mondeo for 4 months the zed feels like a race car.

Off to ricks garage in 2 weeks to have a coolerworx shifter kit fitted and the seats

Should

Hoping to get it a decent clean tomorrow on my 1/2 day and wee run at the weekend

View attachment 387034

I've dealt with JDM distro a few times and still waiting on wheels coming, but never found them hard to communicate with. All my business with them was done over DM on Instagram and they're brilliant at replying.

Hoping mine will arrive along with yours. Haven't heard anything yet on when the containers going to land but hopefully they're on the same container! Something to look forward to anyway👍🏻

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
I've dealt with JDM distro a few times and still waiting on wheels coming, but never found them hard to communicate with. All my business with them was done over DM on Instagram and they're brilliant at replying.

Hoping mine will arrive along with yours. Haven't heard anything yet on when the containers going to land but hopefully they're on the same container! Something to look forward to anyway👍🏻
No don’t get me wrong, when I message them via email or fb they get back, but it’s been entirely me contacting looking info, eta even basic info.

Also the custom low rails weren’t shipped so I’m now chasing trying to see if they can be fed’x etc.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4

Should

View attachment 387034
How's the engine exhaust note, still LOUD?;)

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Big morning today

The seats arrived 2 weeks ago and quickly got shipped to my house with the custom low slider rails.

Anyone who has ever tried to fit a sliding rail option to a zed for an aftermarket seat always comments how difficult it is to get the seat low and sliding.

Jdmdistro offered a custom low slider rail option from Japan and honeslty it was an oem bolt in style installation.

Sits slightly lower than oem and slider is easy to use.

I’d to create a bypass for the seat airbags which was a resistor setup I seen a guy in the US make.

Got Eddie @300trophy to kindly wetvac the seats and he commented the condition of them etc.

Quick removal, seatbelt clip swap and vacum

9D1A1F01-B31E-412C-A338-54D1D09A34B3.jpeg

86448EE6-7024-489F-A92F-D4F96F77037C.jpeg

Then fitted

93A59B90-E82D-4102-8804-0E732F147AE7.jpeg

53889568-4B0B-42BF-BA9E-A0BFB5904E10.jpeg

With the alcantara wheel, coolerworx kit and now seats it’s a lovely thing to sit in and drive.

For info they are Recaro SR3 Le Mans (or confettis to the car world)

Hoping to get into dubshed and jpccni this year

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
That looks unreal! What are they like compared to the standard seats? Is there much weight difference?

Do you ever have bother getting through MOT with your decats?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
flipping love that mate

when you look at the car it was in page 1 compared to now its unreal

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
That looks unreal! What are they like compared to the standard seats? Is there much weight difference?

Do you ever have bother getting through MOT with your decats?
The oem heater leather electric sliding seats weigh a clean ton compared to the recaros.

No touch wood no issues with the decats, but I’ve yet to go through with the big single exhaust on yet lol.

flipping love that mate

when you look at the car it was in page 1 compared to now its unreal

Thanks man

“not planning on mod’n it much”

Famous last words lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Matching door card leather with the material in the middle of the seats would suit maybe??

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Matching door card leather with the material in the middle of the seats would suit maybe??
Honeslty I don’t think the impact would be worth the hassle.

Looking into trying to get a close match in material to get a gater for shifter made up potentially.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Them seats look awesome, proper JDMness! Love how this looks now, you've done a great job!

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Looks great Dave! Sure we'll hear you coming, but looking forward to seeing the Zed on the road again;)

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Them seats look awesome, proper JDMness! Love how this looks now, you've done a great job!
Thanks mate, yeah the seats have been a model I’ve loved since seeing them circa 20yrs ago on imports and always wanted a set.

With the prices of everything jdm going mental I was now or never.

Had never intended to change this car the way I have lol #moneypit
Looks great Dave! Sure we'll hear you coming, but looking forward to seeing the Zed on the road again;)
We all need another coffee/tea run again lol

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Big morning today

The seats arrived 2 weeks ago and quickly got shipped to my house with the custom low slider rails.

Anyone who has ever tried to fit a sliding rail option to a zed for an aftermarket seat always comments how difficult it is to get the seat low and sliding.

Jdmdistro offered a custom low slider rail option from Japan and honeslty it was an oem bolt in style installation.

Sits slightly lower than oem and slider is easy to use.

I’d to create a bypass for the seat airbags which was a resistor setup I seen a guy in the US make.

Got Eddie @300trophy to kindly wetvac the seats and he commented the condition of them etc.

Quick removal, seatbelt clip swap and vacum

View attachment 389966

View attachment 389967

Then fitted

View attachment 389969

View attachment 389968

With the alcantara wheel, coolerworx kit and now seats it’s a lovely thing to sit in and drive.

For info they are Recaro SR3 Le Mans (or confettis to the car world)

Hoping to get into dubshed and jpccni this year
My fav seat although I am biased

Health to sit

IMG_20190907_213152_773.jpg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Thanks again for having me out David. They are a fantastic looking seat, look great in the car also!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Dare I say it, it would almost be rude not to be a nice steering wheel in now lol? One of the lovely personal ones lol?