2006 Nissan 350z GT

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Get some silver tinted indicator bulbs ye egg yolk tramp :joy: Cant work out what i feel about that sticker. It was nice and clean in some ways prior, but also bare? Maybe just cause there's so much silver?

What about a smoked badge in addition to the sticker?

large311144.jpg

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Sticker really brings it all together now, love it!

Just noticed, you have rear parking sensors?! Are those standard?

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sticker really brings it all together now, love it!

Just noticed, you have rear parking sensors?! Are those standard?

Yeah man they where one of the very few options that Nissan did on them as far as I know lol
Get some silver tinted indicator bulbs ye egg yolk tramp :joy: Cant work out what i feel about that sticker. It was nice and clean in some ways prior, but also bare? Maybe just cause there's so much silver?

What about a smoked badge in addition to the sticker?

large311144.jpg
Yeah looked at that option but there isn’t enough space for a smoked oem Nissan burger badge and I tried 4/5 options on stickers etc etc.

Yup silver badges on the list, but been putting them off as the fronts are a pain to do lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
That’s dubshed over and I was pleasantly surprised when I got an indoor slot. @Gemma kindly let me join the NI JDM Legends stand and it was a great weekend.

Had a great few chats with a fella Trevor who was the detailer with Drift Games. Credit to @big_pete as he was amazed by the clarity and finish on the zeds paint. He was very surprised to hear it is my daily through March onwards.

He also was disapproving of D Egan and the teams washing techniques lol 😂

Few photos now coming through, not sure what next stage it. The seats are something I’m planning to address but it’s the financial commitment that puts me off lol

DCDAA72B-64E3-4EC7-A1F9-C2C50C698782.jpeg

954C4C36-9794-4BD6-9A62-0CA8A4D2790E.jpeg

6674ED9B-9E62-4167-A8CE-66EB4A826EDB.jpeg

53E53CDA-9119-426C-BC9E-B829F2C3006C.jpeg

54B30E44-AF6A-4ACB-9227-C687F03A6B30.jpeg

It’s now at a fine balance as I enjoy the cars ability to daily and be relatively under the radar but also I feel for shows it needs an attention grabber, as as good as the finish is, and I’m very happy with the over all clean look, I’m just looking that little something extra for it. Suggestions really appreciated but FI isn’t an option this year lol

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
That’s dubshed over and I was pleasantly surprised when I got an indoor slot. @Gemma kindly let me join the NI JDM Legends stand and it was a great weekend.

Had a great few chats with a fella Trevor who was the detailer with Drift Games. Credit to @big_pete as he was amazed by the clarity and finish on the zeds paint. He was very surprised to hear it is my daily through March onwards.

He also was disapproving of D Egan and the teams washing techniques lol 😂

Few photos now coming through, not sure what next stage it. The seats are something I’m planning to address but it’s the financial commitment that puts me off lol

View attachment 356167
View attachment 356168

View attachment 356169
View attachment 356170
View attachment 356171
When you say about addressing the seats is it retrim or change?
If you are keeping her the financial side can be made to work through man maths 😉

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
When you say about addressing the seats is it retrim or change?
If you are keeping her the financial side can be made to work through man maths 😉
Either set of recaro pole positions or recaro sr3 confettis

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The good thing is the seats hold their value so come part out time your getting a good bit back.

Good to hear a detailer is impressed 😎 something I am going to make a push on this year is showing how what we do is about pushing finish far beyond just removing swirl marks 😎

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Its looking really good in those photos.

I don't see why you need to anything more. I don't think any changes you could make would make it better, attention grabbing isn't always a good thing.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
It’s now at a fine balance as I enjoy the cars ability to daily and be relatively under the radar but also I feel for shows it needs an attention grabber, as as good as the finish is, and I’m very happy with the over all clean look, I’m just looking that little something extra for it. Suggestions really appreciated but FI isn’t an option this year lol

Don't feel like you have to give it more of a "wow" factor just for shows - shows are like 2-3 a year max if you are bothered? What grabs my attention to your car is how clean and simple it looks, nice and smooth and purposeful looking.

Personally wouldn't change a thing on the outside anyway.

On a second look, maybe debadge the side "Z's?"

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Its looking really good in those photos.

I don't see why you need to anything more. I don't think any changes you could make would make it better, attention grabbing isn't always a good thing.
Don't feel like you have to give it more of a "wow" factor just for shows - shows are like 2-3 a year max if you are bothered? What grabs my attention to your car is how clean and simple it looks, nice and smooth and purposeful looking.

Personally wouldn't change a thing on the outside anyway.

On a second look, maybe debadge the side "Z's?"
you are both right, prob should have worded my initial post better, prob more along lines of finishing touches or unique touches, seats for example, as the oem seats aren't overly comfy etc.

But appreciate the feedback from guys who have (or soo will have with the Datsun) fantastic cars.

@Boydie unfortunately to my knowledge there are little indentations where the side Z badges are.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
slight update more for my own records.

The ecu headed off recently to Horsham Developments in South England. They are widely considered the best for mapping the 350z's using the UpRev software.

Being the later models, my zed can take the multi map options, so have the performance map, valet mode and flame map added.

Whilst at it I also purchased the 8mm plenum spacer for the intake side of the v6 engine. The intake plenum is widely considered a bhp limiting factor on the VQ engine as the plenum isn't level across the top of the engine, so there rear of the engine/cylinders gets slightly more air capacity than the front (front oem strut brace is tight clearance wise)

The 8mm spacer levels everything and increased the air flow and capacity in the plenum. Map took my current mod's and spacer into consideration and also removed the factory throttle limiters in 1st & 2nd gear.

Feel wise the cars power delivery is certainly smoother across the range and id say the intake note sound more metallic and raw.

is it faster ? feels more urgent and livelier in the pick up, but honestly the spacer is accepted as a 10bhp mod if mapped and then the map itself, so maybe a 20-25bhp gain in total.

was pleased with the performance at the RMS run yesterday, seemed to outrun an e46 m3 and sat with some stuff I thought would have outran me.

everyone seems to find the exhaust hilarious and it makes me smile which is the important thing

even gave cough cough @Cooper a run ha ha.... (total lies, I got taught a lesson lol)

Car is running sweet as a nut and getting a full service and coolant flush this week to keep it this way.

Next job is the one everyone hates and im off rattle hunting. A small vibration behind the head unit has started at 2.5k and has been exaggerated by the non-flex'd Y pipe and titanium exhaust lol.

sorry for the essay, here's another photo from dubshed

IMG_4502.JPG

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
slight update more for my own records.

The ecu headed off recently to Horsham Developments in South England. They are widely considered the best for mapping the 350z's using the UpRev software.

Being the later models, my zed can take the multi map options, so have the performance map, valet mode and flame map added.

Whilst at it I also purchased the 8mm plenum spacer for the intake side of the v6 engine. The intake plenum is widely considered a bhp limiting factor on the VQ engine as the plenum isn't level across the top of the engine, so there rear of the engine/cylinders gets slightly more air capacity than the front (front oem strut brace is tight clearance wise)

The 8mm spacer levels everything and increased the air flow and capacity in the plenum. Map took my current mod's and spacer into consideration and also removed the factory throttle limiters in 1st & 2nd gear.

Feel wise the cars power delivery is certainly smoother across the range and id say the intake note sound more metallic and raw.

is it faster ? feels more urgent and livelier in the pick up, but honestly the spacer is accepted as a 10bhp mod if mapped and then the map itself, so maybe a 20-25bhp gain in total.

was pleased with the performance at the RMS run yesterday, seemed to outrun an e46 m3 and sat with some stuff I thought would have outran me.

everyone seems to find the exhaust hilarious and it makes me smile which is the important thing

even gave cough cough @Cooper a run ha ha.... (total lies, I got taught a lesson lol)

Car is running sweet as a nut and getting a full service and coolant flush this week to keep it this way.

Next job is the one everyone hates and im off rattle hunting. A small vibration behind the head unit has started at 2.5k and has been exaggerated by the non-flex'd Y pipe and titanium exhaust lol.

sorry for the essay, here's another photo from dubshed

View attachment 362168
The exhaust is your car's party piece mate! ;)

Gonna have long memories of coming out of Ballycastle and you keeping er lit, and a bit sideways :grinning:

Awesome stuff!

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
@da.murf

How are the pops and bangs? Also are you still running the throttle controller?

My ECU is heading away this week for the same treatment, I can't do multi-map so pops will only come on above 4k for me.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
@da.murf

How are the pops and bangs? Also are you still running the throttle controller?

My ECU is heading away this week for the same treatment, I can't do multi-map so pops will only come on above 4k for me.

pops n bangs are fun but below is how I get them

my setup is
oem manifolds
decats
agency power titanium single inc de resonated B pipe (3")

1. pops n bangs map on

2. whilst driving accelerate and then lift on, on the over run you may get a few burbles, but whilst on over run, lightly hold throttle (like so lightly it would normally not move rev gauge) and then it burbles and pops n bangs etc etc away. Its obviously the way they 'activate' that part of the map.

Yes I still have the throttle controller but tbh I only use eco mod for creeping up to my house late at night to keep car quiet or std mode. anything in sport now just makes the tcs kick in since the map (it removed the throttle limiter in 1st and 2nd)

Would I want the map on all the time, prob not because of my loud exhaust the pops n bangs are VERY LOUD esp in 2nd gear over run lol

but the map has really changed how the car seems to move through the rev range. I strongly suggest a plenum spacer whilst getting the map done

gleyland44

RMS Regular
Drives
Noble M12's
Fantastic looking car and the noise out of it on Sunday was insane!

At one point on the run out to Larne I thought the Noble had picked up a bad vibration until I realiesed it was the sound of your car beside me causing the vibration :joy::joy:

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Fantastic looking car and the noise out of it on Sunday was insane!

At one point on the run out to Larne I thought the Noble had picked up a bad vibration until I realiesed it was the sound of your car beside me causing the vibration :joy::joy:
thanks mate, the Noble was just something else running along the road. I was behind you at one point and purposely sat back as I looked at the width of those rear tires and though "if he lights this up, the front of my car is going through a sandblaster, but with rocks instead of sand" lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
well just under 600 miles over the weekend to Mondello and back twice lol. hadn't planned on driving it down on the sunday but it ate the miles so well and got a fair bit of attention so thought why not lol

Tinners on here met me on way home on the road and his passenger got a few nice snaps

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

Fitted a Mishimoto Intake pipe last week that seems to have changed the induction note slightly.

1662382446005.png

More for my own records I then gave it a full fluid service inc coolant flush ready for LZfest

Didn't miss a beat and my moment was when a group of kids gave it the 'let's hear it' hand signal to myself and a chaser, yup he had anti-lag, but the lil zed drowned out the chaser and pretty much everything else there lol all about the bark on this one rather than the bite (although I can confirm the zed loves smokey burnouts in Mexico lol)

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
So this happened

A5106948-D465-475E-BAF9-7D9897A45F01.jpeg

Going to be a long 2 month wait as they are currently about to leave Japan it seems. Dangerous when you are chatting to the jdmdistro guys over stock and wait times and then they contact you with a chance to sort a set with low slider runners etc.

They are recaro sr3 lemans (or confettis as they are known). A seat I’ve been wanting for a very very long time

With their prices only heading one way it was now or never

Last edited: