2006 Nissan 350z GT

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
So few updates coming next few weeks

Collected the zed from @big_pete at PMG at the weekend from a detail and Ceramic Coat. Stunned at the level of paint correction he achieved. The zed had been neglected a little last year due to have the 86-bit on the side for the summer lol.

Few photos

7EBEF908-2799-4267-AD41-DFD3E050A509.jpeg

69FB3AB3-5A86-4588-8D06-80D8D94DFC70.jpeg

5E5E1D5C-9E91-4CF0-8B4E-29FC8F6F8872.jpeg

E511FA02-E6A4-442A-BACD-A48872A7B230.jpeg

BAC56A73-4D0B-42B2-87FD-D56E23547341.jpeg

074748F8-F5A1-40CE-8008-A2A44EFD13F5.jpeg

266FB3E8-A7BA-4374-944E-C15EBF985CDE.jpeg

Not bad for nearly 16yr old

Next I’ve been wrestling with this for a while and decision will be held until after MOT in March.

I picked up a full used Agency Power titanium single exit exhaust for the car.
Clip of how exactly it will sound

The rear bumper requires tuck for the look and then map by Horsham outside London.

I’m not 100% on the system cause a) it will be mental loud b) the look? 3) attracts wrong kind of attention?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Car is looking great after the detail.

I think the loudness may annoy you after a while, I know I find my Civic too loud now, and its got a large midbox and large backbox.

I'd probably go for an Invidia system if I had a 350Z.

PAULW

RMS Regular
Love this car, saw it on @big_pete 's socials and was drooling, perfect 350z!

Regarding the exhaust, I'd hold off on anything mental, it's amusing for a week and then becomes tiresome.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
If its not your everyday car just go for it. I had a buddyclub spec 2 and a J's Racing 70rr on my DC2 and loved every second of a spirited drive. In 20 years time you will be looking back fondly as your EV annoyingly humms down the road.

Looks fantastic by the way. Agree with @Boydie, interesting to see a sticker or badge of some sort on the back.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Ur welcome to come and try out my invidia exhaust on my car.
It's loud, any louder and I couldn't drive it. Gets the wrong attention as you say

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Looks great - I feel the rear end is missing the badge tbh, looks very plain
I get that mate but the ducktail covers the Oem location for a badge and the slot below is too narrow for a 350z badge.

I’m yet to find anything that could work

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Ur welcome to come and try out my invidia exhaust on my car.
It's loud, any louder and I couldn't drive it. Gets the wrong attention as you say
Thanks for offer mate, what is your setup? Where r you based?

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Looks awesome

Reference exhaust, as said if it’s not everyday use I’d go for it , I found the exhaust on golf r tiresome and annoying being so loud but she was my daily

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That is looking great! Go for the exhaust for sure, especially if it's not a daily or going to annoy any neighbours. Sounds class!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
That is looking great! Go for the exhaust for sure, especially if it's not a daily or going to annoy any neighbours. Sounds class!
Fyi I start work at 7am on a Sunday….. cold start at 6.30am lol?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Do you often go for long drives? If so you may not want the noise, I have to wear ear muffs when taking the Civic on long drives. Plus as I get older I don't like the attention it being too loud brings, or the antisocial aspect when driving late at night, or the hearing damage it will result in as it accumulates over time.

In future projects I will be using a valved system. Luckily the Datsun isn't too loud so I haven't needed it on this, its actually a great car on motorway trips.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Do you often go for long drives? If so you may not want the noise, I have to wear ear muffs when taking the Civic on long drives. Plus as I get older I don't like the attention it being too loud brings, or the antisocial aspect when driving late at night, or the hearing damage it will result in as it accumulates over time.

In future projects I will be using a valved system. Luckily the Datsun isn't too loud so I haven't needed it on this, its actually a great car on motorway trips.
Rarely long drives and bare in mind I did mondello and back in the 86 with a straight pipe that forced me to but my beats on just to drown out the blaring lol.

Fear is coming or going early in morning or late at night and also general public dim views.

I love the look of the dual rear pipes on a Zed! Such a nice car.

Dream would be a tomie titanium dual exit but errr 2k lol

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Class mate.👍🏻 I'm one of the few who like the clean look with no badges. Looks clean and the ducktail makes it👍🏻

Was out in this one once and it sounded a lot like the video you posted. Absolutely mental noise in person! 100% worth it😁

Screenshot_20220201-231552_Instagram.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Class mate.👍🏻 I'm one of the few who like the clean look with no badges. Looks clean and the ducktail makes it👍🏻

Was out in this one once and it sounded a lot like the video you posted. Absolutely mental noise in person! 100% worth it😁

View attachment 348449
Heard that at a show at one point. Was that Dave Egans old zed ? It was straight piped aye ?

Regarding the badges, the front just has a ‘Z’ and rear is clean so I do often get asked what it is lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Fear is coming or going early in morning or late at night and also general public dim views.

LOL I get abuse every evening from my wife saying how loud my car is - I set off at 0530 so I guess anything is loud around then!

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
so have been looking extensively for something for the rear of the car.

unfortunately the oems 350z badging just would not fit on the lip left below the ducktail, so left to look at other options.

what's the thoughts on the below vinyl to the right of the bootlip? Im on the fence... only few quid for the vinyl but looking thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 13.29.35.png

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4

From 1:28 lol

Jag F-type has the option for switchable exhausts. Is there an option for you to fit similar to yours? Nice and quiet when you want - and full on loud when you hit a button/

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Whats the story behind fairlady?

No smaller badges like from a S14a or 370z or other model work?

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Whats the story behind fairlady?

No smaller badges like from a S14a or 370z or other model work?

fairlady is the more historical jdm name for the 'zed' cars that Datsun/nissan used to make. the imported 350z is known and badged as fairlady

believe it or not the name initially came from the fact that the Nissan president at the time had just seen 'my fair lady' in the theatres lol