2014 Audi A4 Avant B8

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Missed a trick there, reset the trip 8.6 miles too late!
Aye, was concentrating on the main mileage more than trip mileage. Never had a car go past the big 100K before.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Looking to get the bushes changed on all the suspension components front and rear, if feasible.

Does anyone know if there is a whole bushing kit for the A4 B8.5?

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Stupid question, but is there much of a difference in price changing the arms too with new bushings already in them?

I'm just thinking condition of current arms/potentially less labour costs/less swearing if doing them yourself?

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
1000045339.jpg

So the day has come so to speak. This one is getting sold on. Deposit put down on a 2016 A4 Avant S-Line 2.0 (190PS) TDi in dark blue with 54K miles. Full TFT display which I like made the choice easier.

She's done me well in the time I had her. Few things replaced which cost a few pennies, but thats part of car ownership. Paid over the odds during Covid and I've acceptedthat loss. Charles Hurst part-ex price was laughable though. Dealer out Lisburn Moira way were a bit more sensible. 2.0L petrol felt gutless. It's what I was after, but the torque of the diesel won the day for me.

Drop this one off Friday.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Does look lovely still, did you stick it on private or just take a trade in hassle free?
Went for the hassle free bud.

Charles Hurst themselves said it was in mint condition, so when the salesman offered Ā£3500, I couldn't help but laugh at him. Other place was more realistic, but I've still taken a loss.

They're also offering a service, plus DSG gearbox oil change and belts too. Can't really argue against that.

Did you replace all the bushes?
I'll tell ya on Friday ;)

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
ive a set of APEX 30mil lowering springs for sale if ur interested, rears are brand new, fronts had about 8 months use

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_110457.jpg
    IMG_20210403_110457.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 0

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
ive a set of APEX 30mil lowering springs for sale if ur interested, rears are brand new, fronts had about 8 months use
Thanks for the offer. I'll keep the car for a bit before deciding if it needs lowered. Felt firm enough as it was during the test drive.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Was supposed to be picking up the new (to me ) car tomorrow, but dealer can't get a tech to do the gearbox oil change until Monday, so looks like I won't get the car til Tuesday morning now.

First drive in the car will be to City Airport to pick up my parents - first time here since before Covid. Hope all goes well!!!

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Well I missed the MOT appointment last week in Boucher, due to a bad RTA on the Bangor Belfast road. (RiP to the unlucky soul). Managed to get another cancellation in Ards, so made sure I got here early.
1000045431.jpg

So did everyone else it seems.