MK7.5 GTi PP
@Big Pimp

Thanks

image.jpg

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Folks who bought the drying clothes, how are you finding them? I got my big blue towel at the weekend and it just wasn't working as it usually does, pondering getting some anachem ones.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Folks who bought the drying clothes, how are you finding them? I got my big blue towel at the weekend and it just wasn't working as it usually does, pondering getting some anachem ones.

The yellow cloth @Big Pimp has for sale is fantastic. Best cloth I have used. The big blue one is also great but not as good as the yellow one, so I use it for removing waxes and polishes and drying up any excess water when removing them. The yellow one also takes very little effort too.

C4L

RMS Regular
soak any drying towels before you go to use them. I put them in a warm bucket of water then wash the car and they are ready to rock come drying time. particularly as they get older they seem to take longer to activate all the fibres (y)

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
I have the Anachem Yellow drying towel too and it's amazing.... could dry 2 cars easily and then some!

@Big Pimp let me know when tyre shine and anything new is good to go and i'll place another order for a few bits (y)

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

I've brand new @Big Pimp big blue that's ice never used as have the yellow one and it's perfect. I just got greedy and ordered to much lol

Pm me and I can post it if need be.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
i'd keep the blue one for polishing off waxes etc. as its so so plush and perfect for that exact job. have 1 blue and 1 yellow in stock but more coming in next week.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
soak any drying towels before you go to use them. I put them in a warm bucket of water then wash the car and they are ready to rock come drying time. particularly as they get older they seem to take longer to activate all the fibres (y)

I've read this 3 times and cannot get my head around it.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Cheers for the suggestions, I might try the soaking plan first, then consider a new towel.

I know the whole idea about the more damp the cloth the better it is, but I never considered pre-soaking.

C4L

RMS Regular
haha no chance!

Ross whenever you want matey, I'll happily meet you wherever you want too? I stole some ultragloss off of my mate so I don't need any just yet btw, I'll buy him some back from you whenever he gets himself a lance lol

C4L

RMS Regular
If anyone is looking a redraw, Ross kindly dropped my prize off yesterday :p:cool:

The wee torch is absolutely unbelievable lol its so bright I've laughed out loud a few times due to its size (yes I'm still talking about the torch).

Cheers :grinning:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Knew chamois had to be soaked and rung out before using.

Didn't realise it was best to do this with the microfiber clothes too, I've had 2 mequires ones in the past and just used them from dry.

garyo

RMS Regular
Question about Stone Brite...will be looking to try some to shift bad brake dust after a seized handbrake cable/rear caliper, but would it strip the wee balance weights on the inside of the rim or anything?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Question about Stone Brite...will be looking to try some to shift bad brake dust after a seized handbrake cable/rear caliper, but would it strip the wee balance weights on the inside of the rim or anything?

no mate, however tar and glue removers etc. would so be careful if you're using that kind of product also.

make sure you take a before and after pic of the wheel!!

garyo

RMS Regular
No worries, was thinking that about Tarminator so just wanted to check on the Stone Brite. Planning on giving it a wee bit of overdue TLC on Saturday morn if the weather allows, so will check my stock levels then and see if I need anything else too before ordering the Stone Brite next week. Think I was goin through the Articulate quick enough, so might need a top up on that.

Think I'll take the wheels off and put on the old 17s anyway so I can give them a good deep clean. They're powder coated gunmetal, so with the dirt and brake dust not showing up as bad as on silver wheels, and the melt of cleaning all 16 spokes, they've kinda been neglected a bit over winter :oops:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yeah I went mad with a bit of tarminator as the yok was bad, wasnt thinking and put plenty round the tailgate, 1or 2 number plate stickys have loosened :worried:

Stupid haha