a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross, How often would you need to use the UltraGloss? And the best method, just spray on and rinse?

I personally only use it after a thorough wash (where I've used a mitt and given it a complete wash)

Best method is after washing with gleam rinse car as you normally would. Then spray entire clean rinsed car starting at one wing and working your way right round to the opposite side. By the time you've made your way round and covered each panel it's time to rinse it off again!

And shazam! A lovey dripping wet finish!

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
That's the way I've been using it, just making sure lol top class, so easy and a great finish!

garyo

RMS Regular
Wee bit of frozen beading this morning after a recent spritz of UltraGloss...

frozen beads.JPG

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thank you very much mate. I appreciate your business. Make sure you let me know how you get on with it all!

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
@Big Pimp how do I tell the difference between the sprayers? Only difference I can see is that one has an 11 marked on the bottom and the other has a 15

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp how do I tell the difference between the sprayers? Only difference I can see is that one has an 11 marked on the bottom and the other has a 15
Sorry mate, should have made it more clear.

Solvent resistant sprayers are the grey ones with the wee 'upside down' ball bearing thing in it. Same as the one for the Tarminator bottle. The non solvent resistant is just the standard one in red, yellow, blue or green! (Not sure which colour my store guy packaged!)

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Oh so its just the sprayers are solvent resistant. I thought it was the bottles as well. Sorted, cheers.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Must get bottles next time. I was using one of the old wheel cleaner bottles for my ultra gloss!!!

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Have to say, the anachem range is great value for money. Think I need to play around with the settings for the snowfoam lance and dilution ratios but its impressive stuff so far :grinning: (haven't managed to try everything yet).
Also, the trigger sprayers are brilliant, a trigger that actually sprays is a rare thing sometimes lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Didn't realise there was tyre dressing and dash/trim stuff
A couple of new products to the range - I'm impressed so far but it's up to you guys if we keep them on or not!

Tyre dressing seems to be very well balanced. Nice and Matt shine with no fling and decent durability.

The dash dressing smells awesome too!

@Martyn. My method of application is by brush. I have used it with a sponge but found that method too fiddly. It should be applied to dry tyres but I've been experimenting and putting it on wet immediately after a wash and it still works nicely, and again with no fling

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Will probably get using both the tyre dressing and the interior stuff on Wednesday so I'll give you some more feedback then.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Ill be in touch @Big Pimp shortly, need some snowfoam and would like to try the tyre dressing etc, but probably leave it until after christmas so you can get some time off :p

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
ohh new goods... will have to try out some in the New Year Ross... (y) reminds me i'll need some of the de-icer too, damn winter time :confounded:

Darren91

RMS Regular
Since I got my Dad a set of winter wheels for his A6, today was the day I finally cleaned and prepped his 19s.

Obviously washed and de-ironed first and now awaiting a coat of sealant but I only took progress pics of the de-tarring using Tarminator.

I'm amazed at how little product it needs to work, I've used Auto Finesse's T&G remover in the past but it requires alot of application.

All wheel weight stickers removed and big blobs of tar removed with ease. The wheel faces weren't bad enough to warrant a pic!

IMG_7078.JPG

IMG_7079.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

IMG_7069.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

IMG_7071.JPG

IMG_7072.JPG

IMG_7073.JPG

IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_7077.JPG

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Fantastic results Darren, and thank you for taking the time to do a write up on the product! Lovely wheels too!

I really have to go and spend a bit of time cleaning up my own wheels properly