a-kem automotive

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Took the big fast land yacht for a hurl today and picked up some goodies from Ross; SoftWash, Purge, detail brush and not forgetting the Rawhide. Thank you Ross, was a pleasure chinwagging with ya. Sorry if I held ya back a bit.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Took the big fast land yacht for a hurl today and picked up some goodies from Ross; SoftWash, Purge, detail brush and not forgetting the Rawhide. Thank you Ross, was a pleasure chinwagging with ya. Sorry if I held ya back a bit.
It was a pleasure mate.

The sound of that big lady leaving brought a smile to my face and the guy in work beside me was like wtf was in that 😆😆😆

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I admit, I was a throttle tart when I joined the main road and gave it the beans;)

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Massive credit to Ross for looking after me today. The quality of the products already had me but safe to say seeing how you sorted my none issue has made me a customer for life. Was great to meet you in person aswell

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
@Big Pimp my trigger part won’t let me attach the snow foam gun anymore, is this a faulty gun or is there a handy fix for it?

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Have said it for a while now, @Big Pimp is the man when it comes to car cleaning products.

His stuff is top quality, reasonably priced and the service/personal touch is class.

I recommend A-Kem to anyone that will listen, and finally got a friend to pick up some stuff on Saturday. One use of Hybrid and I think he finally saw what I’ve been on about!

Was great to see the stand so busy all weekend 👌🏻

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp my trigger part won’t let me attach the snow foam gun anymore, is this a faulty gun or is there a handy fix for it?
Have you checked inside the handle to see has an insert gotten stuck from one of the other attachments?
Massive credit to Ross for looking after me today. The quality of the products already had me but safe to say seeing how you sorted my none issue has made me a customer for life. Was great to meet you in person aswell
You are very welcome mate. Was lovely to meet you too and it’s as easy to help fix an issue (no matter how small you think it is) the way I’d want it fixed so only too happy to help
Have said it for a while now, @Big Pimp is the man when it comes to car cleaning products.

His stuff is top quality, reasonably priced and the service/personal touch is class.

I recommend A-Kem to anyone that will listen, and finally got a friend to pick up some stuff on Saturday. One use of Hybrid and I think he finally saw what I’ve been on about!

Was great to see the stand so busy all weekend 👌🏻
And your continued support and recommendations is more than appreciated my man.

Thank you again.

And your car was awesome by the way!! Wheels are legit cool

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
What is everyone’s wash routine now with a few new products available?

Pre-wash, snowfoam, gleam then a drying aid?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I still suggest people stick with a simple routine.

My own is this:

Spray Cleanse onto wheels
PreClean entire vehicle
Foam everywhere

go fill bucket with Puro shampoo

Rinse

Wash panel at a time

Rinse

Apply UltraGloss after most washes
Apply HydraClean to glass

Rinse

Once every month or 6 weeks i'll dry it off and add a coat of hybrid

New product HydraCoat can be applied every 3 months to make give it a protective coat which doesn't need buffed on or off

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ordered a bundle from you this morning, Ross. Will add other bits soon. Thank you

Any ETA of HydraCoat?

philbot33

My own is this:

PreClean entire vehicle
Foam everywhere

Rinse

Wash panel at a time

Rinse

Rinse

New product HydraCoat can be applied every 3 months to make give it a protective coat which doesn't need buffed on or off
Would the HydraCoat take the place of Ultragloss on that wash? And can you dry off afterwards and coat with hybrid?

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3

My own is this:

PreClean entire vehicle
Foam everywhere

Rinse

Wash panel at a time

Rinse

Rinse

I've been applying hydraclean with a microfiber and ultragloss to aid drying as we have very hard water here so can't let it just dry l, is that the right use for those too or am I not doing the right thing with hydraclean?

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I do the same process as @Big Pimp but since getting the DI, I don’t dry any of the cars anymore, just fair rinse off making sure to get any points that water sits, and then just leave it.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
@Big Pimp what would you recommend out of your range to get rid of the stale smell from soaked car carpet/foam? Would SolaPower do the trick?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ordered a bundle from you this morning, Ross. Will add other bits soon. Thank you

Any ETA of HydraCoat?
Live on the site tonight.
Would the HydraCoat take the place of Ultragloss on that wash? And can you dry off afterwards and coat with hybrid?
Only every few months. You can continue to use UltraGloss after washing as usual and you absolutely can top it with Hybrid for insane gloss
I've been applying hydraclean with a microfiber and ultragloss to aid drying as we have very hard water here so can't let it just dry l, is that the right use for those too or am I not doing the right thing with hydraclean?
You absolutely are mate. No issues with your method
@Big Pimp what would you recommend out of your range to get rid of the stale smell from soaked car carpet/foam? Would SolaPower do the trick?
I’ve some enzymes which will be the only thing to really do much

SolaPower will help clean it if using a wet vac but if it’s damp nothing will do much until it is dried out

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Live on the site tonight.

Only every few months. You can continue to use UltraGloss after washing as usual and you absolutely can top it with Hybrid for insane gloss

You absolutely are mate. No issues with your method

I’ve some enzymes which will be the only thing to really do much

SolaPower will help clean it if using a wet vac but if it’s damp nothing will do much until it is dried out

Should have it dried up and refitted for the weekend, hopefully it passes the sniff test, if not I’ll give you a shout about them enzymes. :joy:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Honestly, get a DI vessel. Best money spent ever for cleaning. I usually use a drier anyway just to get water out of all cracks and nooks and door shuts and all that. But you could leave it to air dry no bother at all. Not a spot anywhere, not even on glass. Not even when in Cambridge where the water is basically liquid chalk...

Oh, and for hydraclean... Nothing wrong with what you are doing. But you can just spray it on the wet glass and rinse off, like ultragloss. Great for lazy people like me😇 I do both in the same step - hydraclean on the windscreen, and ultragloss everywhere else. Worth trying some time.

Last edited:

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Honestly, get a DI vessel. Best money spent ever for cleaning. I usually use a drier anyway just to get water out of all cracks and nooks and door shuts and all that. But you could leave it to air dry no bother at all. Not a spot anywhere, not even on glass. Not even when in Cambridge where the water is basically liquid chalk...

Oh, and for hydraclean... Nothing wrong with what you are doing. But you can just spray it on the wet glass and rinse off, like ultragloss. Great for lazy people like me😇 I do both in the same step - hydraclean on the windscreen, and ultragloss everywhere else. Worth trying some time.
Yeah I should just bite the bullet on a di vessel and be done with it. It was a lot worse when we had 2 black cars on the driveway in fairness