Alfa Red Giulia Quadrifoglio

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes
In England this week, may have done something rash.

DSC_0728.JPG

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Flew over on the redeye to Luton on Wed morning to pick up a wheelchair car for a family member.
DSC_0718.JPG

Picked up this beauty!

Did OK there I think, it's a good going thing with plenty of spec and only 30k miles. Ramp conversion rattles and squeaks, but they all do that.

Plan was to drive this around for a couple of days and view some Guilias.
A couple of weeks ago I had a Guilia Veloce ti reserved, decided I wasn't getting any younger, and really I wanted a QF.
Narrowed it down to 2 or 3 cars, but they all sold last weekend. (dealers)
The QF on went on Autotrader Mon night, was first to call on Tues and view on Wed afternoon, some Bank Transfers later I was driving it up the Road to Oxfordshire in convoy with my uni mate in his very lovely Alpine.

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
It's a late 2018 car, 22k miles.
Alfa Red
5 hole alloys
Yellow calipers
Convenience pack (heated seats, heated steering wheel)
Adaptive cruise
Just had the big 4 yr service + new rad (common for early cars to need rad after 4 years I'm told, they can start to leak 😬)
It's got remote switch to fully open exhaust flaps in all driving modes.
Carbon front grill, carbon mirror covers are extras, (all the rest ofthe carbon was std I think)
It's on P Zero corsa tyres (not fun in anything but dry warm tarmac) , will be putting it on Michelin PS4S as soon as my bank balance recovers a bit.

Was driving the Ford yesterday, shuttling to a friend's place in Wales ready for ferry home on Monday and got train back here (rest of family are joining me tonight, we're at a 50th Birthday doo in Wales this weekend)

Mate I'm staying with here is going to let me play with some of his other toys today.

Last edited:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Happy days, good to see another on here!

Red is a great colour, was my first choice but couldn't find one with the spec I wanted 😢

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Beautiful!!!!

Love the colour!

Health to drive.

Any mods planned aside from tyres?

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Happy days, good to see another on here!

Red is a great colour, was my first choice but couldn't find one with the spec I wanted 😢
I spoke to you at Down Royal briefly when I was looking at yours. Your Instagram stories of yours is what pushed me over the line to buy this one!
I really wanted Alfa red, nearly bought a tri-coat red car because it was so good, missed that one, tried to get info from a dealer on another Alfa Red one, w###er ghosted me after I said I didn't need finance. Then when I booked the flight to get the Ford, my intention was to view 2 Monte Carlo Blue cars. Then this one appeared as if by magic 20 miles away from the Ford!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I spoke to you at Down Royal briefly when I was looking at yours. Your Instagram stories of yours is what pushed me over the line to buy this one!
I really wanted Alfa red, nearly bought a tri-coat red car because it was so good, missed that one, tried to get info from a dealer on another Alfa Red one, w###er ghosted me after I said I didn't need finance. Then when I booked the flight to get the Ford, my intention was to view 2 Monte Carlo Blue cars. Then this one appeared as if by magic 20 miles away from the Ford!

Ah happy days, didn't realise you were on here an all!

Was it not a Veloce you were after initially? Great cars but the QV is another level!

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
Ah happy days, didn't realise you were on here an all!

Was it not a Veloce you were after initially? Great cars but the QV is another level!
Yep, had a veloce ti reserved, but cancelled it a couple of weeks ago and started seriously looking for one of these.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
A red one has appeared for sale in Newry, and has me tempted - just the lowish spec putting me off a bit - no upgraded HK audio and no electric seats (and whatever else came with that pack)

PMC555

RMS Regular
OP
PMC555
Drives
Sometimes
A red one has appeared for sale in Newry, and has me tempted - just the lowish spec putting me off a bit - no upgraded HK audio and no electric seats (and whatever else came with that pack)
Looks nice.
Yep thats one doesn't have the electric seats/heated seats/ heated steering wheel, and has std cruise, not radar cruise.
Mine doesnt have HK audio and sounds fine to my old ears. Could do with a bit more bass.
The red dash/door cards, I think I would tire of them, but it does brighten up the interior.

Looking at the advert pictures make me realise mine has on upgraded carbon/alcantara wheel - didn't even realise it wasn't std.
Just transferred the previous owners personal plate off mine, and taken off the horrible 3D plates.
Was thinking of a set of euro metal plates - but not sure.....

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
Very nice car indeed, spotted it in Strangford , I just spotted one of the GTAms today down the Peninsula aswell, very poor photo but I’ll get some proper shots when the owners about…
60E5FAF8-E16F-4037-A31B-7D16405F22D3.jpeg