AMG on The Late Brake Show Car Cave

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
great watch @AMG that wee breeze blue😍 think we all cringe listening to ourselves but in reality its how we sound to anyone else lol not sure if its a northern irish thing or happens everywhere all you hear here tho lol

Reactions: AMG

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
405 is getting a lot more love than I thought it would. I must have said "unfortunately not a diesel", which raised a few eyebrows on the YouTube comments!
That's the aul felter still in you lol

zafturbo

RMS Regular
As much as I love seeing the lads car collection ,I also worry about unwanted eyes seeing what is in the garages .You never know what sort of people are looking over car sites .Amazing collection you have ,still the ascona for me every time .

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Great video and collection @AMG
As much as I love seeing the lads car collection ,I also worry about unwanted eyes seeing what is in the garages .You never know what sort of people are looking over car sites .Amazing collection you have ,still the ascona for me every time .
I agree, but in my opinion much, much, less risky than the thread in here that lads take random photos of people's cars on driveways etc and post it up, sometimes with house numbers etc showing. At least the videos have consent from the owners too.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Really enjoyed watching this. Didnt know you found your mums old car what a find! The corsa on the raffinos looks awesome by the way.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Is he as dead on in real life as he seems on camera? I love how he's so into obscure, odd and everyday stuff. So much better to watch than the rest of them

hippyross

RMS Regular
My dad sent me the link the other day and I wm watched it last night, I thought it might have been someone on here.
The corsa gave my 🍆 a tingle 🤣
Class collection btw

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is he as dead on in real life as he seems on camera? I love how he's so into obscure, odd and everyday stuff. So much better to watch than the rest of them

He was exactly the same off camera as on camera, whether or not that was because he was "working" the whole time I don't know.
But he did seem genuinely interested in the cars and did have a good knowledge of any topic we chatted about.

It was his first time on this side of the Irish sea, and both him and the cameraman were having great difficulty understanding the political situation over here, and I think trying to explain it didn't help him too much!!!!:joy:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
He was exactly the same off camera as on camera, whether or not that was because he was "working" the whole time I don't know.
Was exactly the same with me when I met Jonny and Richard last year- great lads.

Would loved to have seen the Manta on the road - just have to get him back over for part 2!

Dave..

RMS Regular
@AMG
Did David from Lisnasure have Manta and Ascona 400’s or only the Manta? Noel had an HSR Chevette as I can remember being in it.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@AMG
Did David from Lisnasure have Manta and Ascona 400’s or only the Manta? Noel had an HSR Chevette as I can remember being in it.

As far as I know, they had a silver Manta 400, and a dark blue Manta i300.
i300 is still local and undergoing restoration after being lost for a long time.
This is my eldest in the 400 in June past:
manta 400.jpg

Was exactly the same with me when I met Jonny and Richard last year- great lads.

Would loved to have seen the Manta on the road - just have to get him back over for part 2!

Would have loved to have done a drive video, but time and weather was against us!

Jethro

RMS Regular
Loved that !! What a collection and even better than I thought😎😎
Was the Ascona 400 Sam McMahons before you owned it or did he have one around the same time you got yours?
Unfortunately the genuine i200 you mentioned that the owner won't sell is still rotting away merrily at his front door😡

Adam

RMS Regular
Watched it on Monday, I love his garage videos. Great collection you have.

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
Yep, its me! Got the link to watch it on Friday and still havent got past 1 minute, cringing listening to myself!

you have nothing to worry about , you came across well i thought , plenty of interesting stuff in the shed to talk about, even if your not a full on vaux/opel head theres plenty to be interested in.

I like the idea of the replicas too in the way you have executed them, especially when a 'real' one is approaching value which makes it almost undriveable.
Great video and collection @AMG

I agree, but in my opinion much, much, less risky than the thread in here that lads take random photos of people's cars on driveways etc and post it up, sometimes with house numbers etc showing. At least the videos have consent from the owners too.

its crazy the amount of information on line, that may give too much information away.
there's members on here who have posted enough pictures and information about themselves to give away their location. you need to be increasingly careful, you can search a registration in facebook now and it will return the pictures with the car in, clever and cool if your looking for your own car, but could also help you to be 'stalked'.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Loved that !! What a collection and even better than I thought😎😎
Was the Ascona 400 Sam McMahons before you owned it or did he have one around the same time you got yours?
Unfortunately the genuine i200 you mentioned that the owner won't sell is still rotting away merrily at his front door😡
The Ascona is just a replica, bought of Brian Murphy, who then bought Sams genuine one.

you have nothing to worry about , you came across well i thought , plenty of interesting stuff in the shed to talk about, even if your not a full on vaux/opel head theres plenty to be interested in.

I like the idea of the replicas too in the way you have executed them, especially when a 'real' one is approaching value which makes it almost undriveable.

Cant bear to listen to myself at all!!
I reckon we get more enjoyment out of the replicas than the real deal, as they aren't as precious, and 99% of people couldn't tell the difference anyway.

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
I remember buying Toledo seats of you for/with a friend many many years ago and I think you just had a vxr stolen if I remember correctly.

Seeing your collection back then I remember being blown away. Fair play for keeping them all and having them all in such great condition.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I remember buying Toledo seats of you for/with a friend many many years ago and I think you just had a vxr stolen if I remember correctly.

Seeing your collection back then I remember being blown away. Fair play for keeping them all and having them all in such great condition.

That wasn't yesterday anyway!!! Yeah sister had just bought a Corsa VXR and was stolen from the back door not long after she got it.

It was never intended to have so many cars, but all there for a reason, so once they are there it's hard to part with them.