Another what wheels thread...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Seen this in person last month, wheels looked crazy on it - reckon you'd need bags to pull them off tho

image-9.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Does anyone know where I can buy rotiform wheels over here?

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Auto alloys or tyre safety centre don't do rotiforms

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I thought you only had a budget of 1k for wheels?? If you are looking 19s then it might just about get you the wheels with no tyres?

I take it you have checked the usual sources of ed 38 and wheel sanctuary?

Is there nothing of the new releases OEM wheels that you like??

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I was looking at rotiforms, 8.5J front, 10J rear.

Would there be any issues of a front wheel drive car running wider wheels at the back?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
A lot run 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears,can't see it being an issue

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Both of those are still very common and current, granted maybe not on a B8. Was the original brief not to find something different?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
There's a black felt spec b8 down here with those rotas. I'm not so sure it works tbh

Keep the wheels you have and save for your next car. They might be common but they do look well.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Both of those are still very common and current, granted maybe not on a B8. Was the original brief not to find something different?
You can go too different and out of the ordinary to where it ruins the car. I think these look fine :grinning:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You want to be different but the same? Ones on it look pretty good to me tbh. I do like the bottom ones in the pics above too though. The multi spokes would be hectic to keep clean.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Neither for me, if you want to be different you will have to pony up.

Not much wrong with the wheels you have, you will buy rotas and there be another one sitting beside before ye know it. Common enough car and common enough wheels.

Lewis.

RMS Regular
Drives
S14 Zenki
The Rotas look dreadful on it imo Aaron, your current wheels look 10x better than the rotas. If it between just the two above, id say the multispokes, although i prefer some of the other suggestions in here.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I knew this would divide opinion, because people aren't open to new ideas on different cars.

Thanks anyway guys, I have made my decision (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.