Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Well after having the focus ST for 18 months time for a change car is for sale buyer all being well coming on sunday. So new car Arden Astra VXR 33k full history car is as close to perfect as you could want small spec
Courtney Sport Pre Cat
Decat
Cat back
Whiteline Rear ARB
Forge Recirc Valve
Full SMD conversion
Intercooler
Few plans for now but need to start driving it first will get some pictures next week and the plate is staying :laughing:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Is a credit to the previous owner. Over the moon. Compared to the focus ive only done half a mile so cant compare just yet.lol. I think the car itself just looks a whole lot newer compared to the st the focus was a cracking car and will be hard to beat but il soon put my own mark on this. Carbon ordered already :oops:

Dave23

RMS Regular
Drives
Merc
I was looking at an Astra VXR a while back when i got rid of my Sporthatch. No doubt a great looking car, the blue just sets it off. I found it to torque steer quite a bit though, but that could have been down to my lack of talent lol

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I bought it off Iain yesterday. As far as Iam aware Ruth owned it before that nice to know the cars history. :grinning:.

J55NI

RMS Regular
This the one that has never been remapped in the advert :-#, Great cars though , Don't handle as bad as everyone says either once their setup properly.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Something makes you think it's mapped?
Was a thread up about it getting mapped and not right after it , Just spotted the for sale ad saying it had never been remapped etc :/. Not sure if it was ever sorted or the outcome but would make me wonder why say its never been remapped when everyone on the forum can see the thread before posted saying otherwise .

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I know the story behind the car owner was very upfront. And told me that said tuner made a hash of it but has since had the ecu reset to standard. Anyways looking forward to getting into it next week and get out driving it.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Noticed the st up for sale, just wish i had the dollars to even entertain buying. Good luck with the sale.

Astra looks great, love them in that colour. Will be interested to see what its like compared to the focus? Good luck with it.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Was a thread up about it getting mapped and not right after it , Just spotted the for sale ad saying it had never been remapped etc :/. Not sure if it was ever sorted or the outcome but would make me wonder why say its never been remapped when everyone on the forum can see the thread before posted saying otherwise .

As Graham said I was upfront and honest about the car and told him the full story about Torquetronics. The rubbish map that Wishart put on was on the car for about a week and I hardly drove it during that time. There is an invoice from Hursts in with the service documents showing that the standard VXR map was put back on (along with a visual health check of the car). I wasn't going back near Wishart because I would have smacked him in the mouth purely because of the way he spoke to me over the phone when I said i wasn't happy.

I don't think anyone would have included in the advert that the car had been remapped for a week. I wasn't lying or trying to hide anything and would have told anyone who came to view the car the full story so it's hardly the crime of the century. I stated in the ad there was no remap on the car which was the truth.

I'm fussy about my cars and honest when it comes to selling.

Graham, you've got yourself a cracker of a VXR and I know you'll enjoy every minute of it mate.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Looks good. Tbh, if both cars were sitting in front of me and I had to pick one, it would be the ST. That said, you have been there, done that and willing to try something new. Enjoy.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Lovely car mate, I use to own a Red one and it always put a smile on your face.

Really good value used now as well which is a bonus.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Still miss this car a wee bit, not so much since getting the Evo, surprised you sold it Iain! Absolutely cracking car, always went well, in fact I used to think it was remapped lol. Guy that owned it before me from Portadown was very fussy also I think :grinning: Enjoy.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
I'll miss it Ruth, deffo one of the best VXR's in the country. Looking at the picture of it in the first post it makes everything in the background look like it was taken in black and white. Arden is a cracking colour.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.