Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ruth

RMS Regular
I'll miss it Ruth, deffo one of the best VXR's in the country. Looking at the picture of it in the first post it makes everything in the background look like it was taken in black and white. Arden is a cracking colour.

Yeah the colour is awesome, even if vauxhall paint isn't the best lol. I still have a canvas of it on my wall, and when I had the M3 I was sitting looking at it thinking how much I missed the kick off the vxr. Such a fun car to drive. What you going for next Iain?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Yeah the colour is awesome, even if vauxhall paint isn't the best lol. I still have a canvas of it on my wall, and when I had the M3 I was sitting looking at it thinking how much I missed the kick off the vxr. Such a fun car to drive. What you going for next Iain?

I've no idea Ruth lol, something that I can take to the shops or cinema etc and not have to worry about parking it. The VXR was too good and I wouldn't take it anywhere and in that respect it wasn't practical. Two good cars at home doesn't work for us, need something that I can take anywhere and can suffer the odd parking dent without me getting ocd over it.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thanks guys have been online pricing and buying wee bits. Cant stress enough how well it been maintained both by Iain Traynor & also Ruth. Really think this car will stay with me like the focus year and a half is a record for me.lol. Few months time hopefully have it sitting as I want it cant wait until Monday so I can start driving it :grinning:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Will be interested in hearing your thoughts on it as I have had two ST's now and cant fault the drive of them esp with some extra power ;)

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Well my st was just shy off 300hp and stupid torque. I can't fault the car. Whoever gets it is getting a cracking car that's faultless. But I fancied a change always wanted an st and have always wanted a vxr. Just hoping the focus goes to a good home.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Still here guy coming tomorrow at 4 to view it. Ad is on Gumtree & utv drive think the used car ad is up Aswell. How can I as a link on here? Lol.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I don't know how I missed the ad :-(
I was down in Lisburn/Belfast viewing a 350z/z4/197 today too! lol
Ah well. If it falls through, PM me!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Well sold the focus yesterday will miss it. But time to turn my attention to this. Gave it a wash tonight was hoping nothing would show up that I had missed but gladly it didn't. Fitted the decat today along with an arden fuel cap black oil cap and xenon number plate bulbs. Next up few wee small bits to tidy. Fit the eibach sportlines when they come next week. Remove the rear arb and paint it. Carbon mirrors. Blue intake hoses to fit when they arrive next week. Panel filter. And hopefully later in the year a trip to Courtney sport for a map. Cant wait for it to have it down that slight bit more with the sportlines.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Have you bought anything else yet? Have a few plans for this hopefully take shape over the next few months for me. :grinning:.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Having owned one of Ruth's previous cars, I would say you have got a fantastic example. Looks great. Health to drive!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
No doubt would have to say Iain done a great job of maintaing it Aswell. More parts ordered tonight going to be a long month. ;). Lol

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Have you bought anything else yet? Have a few plans for this hopefully take shape over the next few months for me. :grinning:.

Nothing bought yet mate, in no rush as i'm driving my wifes car and she got a lend of her dad's astra convertible until i'm sorted.

Having looked at a few cars i have to say that Gumtree seems to be the biggest scrapyard in Northern Ireland. lol

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
This thread is making me miss my old arden vxr astra :worried:
Turbo back exhaust and remap really livens them up! I had pro sport coilovers in mine and couldnt fault them if your looking to go low

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.