Ariel Atom 2 Supercharged 300

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cro

RMS Regular
Dipping technology must be coming along rightly, normally I'm a massive hater of the dipped stuff, never looks like proper carbon but that looks really well. Nice 'depth' to the weave and everything in the sun

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Oh here's another set of wheels fired into the equation too! Specially made compmotive mo,s wrapped in brand new never used Dunlop racing slicks. Fronts are 7x15 with 8x16 rears. You wouldn't believe how light this package is. I plan to race this thing at the Rallysport association in June at nutts corner and in July at mondello. Might do the next track day at Kirkistown to run these slicks in.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If you're going to race it, you'll have all that carbon dipping and painting to do again after about 3 laps! :p

Looks awesome, I agree with @Cro , I've never been a fan of carbon dipping but that seems to look very good from the pics.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Sprints mate. After all it took 10 years before that needed painted an I'm sure the car would have been on a track prior too me getting it. I'm sure on sprint days il be the first car out or pretty much up there so I shouldn't have much traffic to deal with. The weather is picking up nice now too, can't wait to get her out again :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Nu Finish do a great job - they dipped my engine cover for my S3 and it looked so real, people were none the wiser!!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
What class will it run in at the sprints with the supercharger & slicks?

Dunlops would be good for trackdays but probably abit hard for sprints, you'd probably need some Avons from BMTR in super sticky to work from cold.

I'm really surprised with the dipped parts, like cro said, great depth from them!! Looking forward to seeing it all out together again :grinning:

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
that carbon dip looks awesome... agree with Iain too... you cant beat proper sprint avon rubber for short runs.... grip right from the get go..

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Guys with the Dunlop slicks they are what's known as a radical compound which are made for the likes of radicals and atoms etc. They are made for cars well under 1000kgs. I won't be long getting heat into them anyhow. seen the wheels and tyres on eBay an I just couldn't let them go for the price I was getting them at. Some poor lad paid £1800 for the wheels and tyres new.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, that is severe for a few stone chips :p :innocent:

Love the carbon dip.

Knew it would not be long before you had it on slicks, lol. Take it you bought those wheels from someone else, and did not go to Compomotive yourself for a set of one-offs?

I really like the Rotas on this, those Compomotive look very similar so happy days :grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
No I bought the wheels and slicks complete. Someone else has already done the hardworking with offsets etc. They were bought for an atom. 3 sets of wheels I have for this already lol. That's the end of the spending now! Time to enjoy this lady :grinning:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Best looking carbon effect dipping I've seen.

I love how little there is to these cars, literally just an engine and the bare minimum to mount it and run it.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Bring on the summer! That's me good to go. I can honestly say this is the way I want this car now! No need to do anything more just enjoy every minute of it.
Had it out earlier an by golly it would put manners in you if you wernt extremely quick with you're reflexes lol. Love it
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 83

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Thats an awesome bit of kit. Love the tread pattern on them tyres as sad as that may sound. Rotas look well on it

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
The thread pattern is something I like too an in my opinion the Yokohama A048 look a lot better than these that's why I stupidily went an bought a new set! @svensktoppen should you need tyres let me know lol I've still some R888 that originally come on the rears too.

Here's the 048 pattern
image.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
! @svensktoppen should you need tyres let me know lol I've still some R888 that originally come on the rears too.

Flip, just bought a complete new set of 888 for the Hondus! Will be a year until I need a new set of rears, more for the fronts, lol, light weight ftw :grinning:

Think yours are different sizes though.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
195/50/15 front
225/45/16 rear

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Exactly the same then, happy days :grinning: Thought the Ariel was on 17 like the S2 Lotii.

Should have mentioned three days ago, that is when I ordered the last set! Bummer...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.