Ayrton Sennas Old NSX For Sale

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RCT

RMS Regular
Thing is though you don't know of its a scam or not. I know where that mscar dealer (massive multi franchise) is and the pics are not taken at the dealership by the looks of it and the ad is marked private.

That makes me weary as I know someone who nearly got scammed on a BMW 850 in Spain. We traced pics to America. No hpi checks out there or similar, so need to be careful.

I could certainly get someone I know who speaks Portuguese and English and deals in cars out there, to have a look at it of someone was genuinely interested in it from here. Wouldn't be hard to see if it is genuine enough or not. Not rust or rot out there either which is good. It's only 5 mins from Faro airport.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
car wont rust ... its all aluminium body and chassis ... except for the plastic trim! :grinning:

however aluminium can suffer a 'black dot effect' and minor bubbling.

if someone has 80k to spend on it they would seriously need to do their homework prior to handing over the funds.

As much as I would love to own it if I had 80k spare I'd be putting the cash towards an na2 facelift NSX-R

BigP

RMS Regular
Drives
V10 Touareg

A good watch

There are a lot of things discussed within this video that lead you to understand the NSX a lot more

Last edited:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Got to laugh I really do.

For all the haters, one sold the other day for 80K in England ;)

They are like RS500s. The price has been over inflated by a few individuals and sold to wealthy people who have 80k to buy a toy with.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
i think its more than just a few individuals ... there are market reasons for it and numerous other factors.
this one will appeal to someone because of who it belonged to and his ties with Honda and the NSX
whether it will fetch the price remains to be seen

A facelift na2 "one of the last of the 12" bound for UK shores hit 80k there last week is including all auction charges ... car i think fetched just over 70k

not a bad investment considering the car sold back in 2005 around 55 odd

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
@Paul RS Owning a relic like you do I'm not sure how you can justify that.

As time goes buy cars of which little were sold become harder and harder to find, replacement parts stop being manufactured, second hand parts become rarer and rarer and the cars desirability factor goes up and as a result to someone who wants one they are worth more and more money.

RS500
NSX
E30 EVO SPORT II
SWB Audi quattro
Lotus carlton
2002 turbo
Z8
CSL ;)
AX GT - I know !!!
E36 M3 GT 1 & 2
ZM Coupe
E34 M5
Ferrari - all the old ones + CS, Scud & 16M
CLK Black - gen 1
205 GTi
996 GT3 RS
Carrera GT
Renault Alpine
TVR Sagaris
AE86 Corolla
Old VW's

Pretty much all of the above are rising in value as time goes buy.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
On the subject of Senna and fast Hondas:

Honda, using witchcraft and wizardry known only to Gandalf the White, has put together a tribute video that will give any veteran Formula One fan - and indeed anyone who enjoys the sound of a naturally aspirated V10 - goose bumps.
It's a tribute to the late, great Ayrton Senna, the Brazilian maestro who scored three world championships and... well, you don't need us to eulogize. You should already know about him.

In 1989, McLaren partnered up with Honda who supplied a 3.5-litre V10 to build a very nifty Formula One car called the MP4/5 that was more than a dab hand at winning. In this video, Honda's incredibly clever people used sound and telemetry data from Senna's ‘89 MP4/5 and lined the Suzuka circuit with speakers and lights.
They then waited for night to fall, and began the light and sound show, bringing Ayrton's extraordinary driving back to life, using the lights to showcase his position on the track, and the sound to make your senses fizz. Put simply, it sounds amazing.

[video=youtube;oeO2q8FzcnM]

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Have been in pre-facelift and facelift NSX and even managed to drive it a few meters and I am still convinced that NSX has that a magical super car feeling about it - the way it drives, the noise, the raw sports car feeling. I would buy that any day and price is OK imo, e.g.recently on 4* cars there was a BMW E30 EVO for sale in England for 75K and I believe many think that was appropriate.

RCT

RMS Regular
Also to note, in general lhd cars are normally more expensive than rhd. Uk can be cheap for cars compared to other eu countries with their ridiculous taxes and import duties.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Practice. I find myself trying to do it without thinking in my mas C5 now :oops:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.