BMW F31 330d X-Drive M Sport+

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Well I picked this up today from JKC. It's a F31 330d M Sport+ X-drive in Estoril Blue with the black Dakota leather.

I specced it up a good bit as I intend to keep this a couple of years (believe it or not!). It has the following:

MSport+ pack including The M Sport braking system, 19" 403M Alloys, Tints, Xenon Headlights and Harmon Kardon surround sound.
BMW Professional Media package (sat nav, dab radio, online services, remote services etc)
Visibility Package (Adaptive headlights and high beam assist)
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Electric folding/auto dimming mirrors
Heated seats
8 Speed sports auto with paddles

After test driving the JKC demonstrator with the AC Schnitzer springs fitted I decided I would get them fitted before I picked the car up. This was to reduce body roll as well as lowering the xdrive as it is higher than the rwd equivelant car. I also got the black kidney grills and my reg put on it. The suspension will need to settle a bit as there was only 12 miles on the car when I collected it.

I love this thing, it goes and handles like an estate shouldn't! For a diesel the engine also sounds very good when giving it some.

I have no other real plans at the minute apart from enjoying it, although I might go for some of the M Sport trim inside just to make it that but different. I will also be looking to do some little coding changes such as the mirrors folding when the car locks.

I know the Estoril Blue can get a tough time on here but I love it, I think it really suits the car.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Nice. Same the exact same car in Enniskillen yesterday evening.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That is fantastic Nick, bet you're over the moon with it!

Health to enjoy it :grinning:

Amazing. Life it. You must be buzzing bud.

I'm still smiling, it's exactly what I wanted and the power and handling off it is unreal. It actually feels quicker than the S3. The best bit though has to be that gearbox. There's so many nice little touches such as the electric tailgate, leds in the door handles and the professional media system has so many features I'm still playing with it.

Cheers for all the comments so far folks (y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
That's quite a mouthful of a thread name!

Health to use.

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
Always loved BMW tourings since the E30, prefer them to the saloon. I could do with a X1 with the amount of speed bumps I have to go over now in the z3.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That's it started....I had a set of silvervision indicator bulbs and replacement fog light bulbs ordered a couple of weeks ago after seeing the difference it makes on a BMW forum. Due to the car having xenons and adaptive lights the fogs come on as cornering lights and they are yellow, I have changed them to a slightly bluer/white colour to match in with the headlights more. A total of about £25 for both sets of bulbs of eBay and it has freshened up the front in my opinion.

Before
image.jpg

After

image.jpg
image.jpg

Before
image.jpg

One of each
image.jpg

After
image.jpg

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
The 8Sp Gearbox currently in the BMW's is a peach, I love it in my 5 series. Liking your taste mate, just how I would spec a 3 series touring if I was lucky enough to be in that position.

I keep forgetting my car has foglights, it's been years since I had them on a car and never need them. Don't even think I've switched them on yet. Must get a set of those indicators though, were the pins offset on them?

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
The 8Sp Gearbox currently in the BMW's is a peach, I love it in my 5 series. Liking your taste mate, just how I would spec a 3 series touring if I was lucky enough to be in that position.

I keep forgetting my car has foglights, it's been years since I had them on a car and never need them. Don't even think I've switched them on yet. Must get a set of those indicators though, were the pins offset on them?

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Looks great Nick!! Could you pm me the links to the bulbs please?

Thanks

Cheers fellas (y)

These are the fog light bulbs :
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371269029970&globalID=EBAY-GB

MTEC H8 12v 35w Cosmos Blue Xenon Effect Upgrade Bulbs

Here is a guide how to do the fog lights:
DIY: Replacing Fog light bulbs (5 minutes) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871554

And these are the indicator bulbs:
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/581-PY21W-Philips-Silver-Vision-indicator-bulbs.html

There is a bit in the hand book about the indicators, basically there is a panel at the top of the arch liner you clip off and reach in.

Delivery on both sets was really quick and it only takes about 15 minutes in total to fit them all (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.