BTCC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dan

RMS Regular
Always found the WTCC to be a bit weak and unexciting compared to the BTCC but that civic looks class. These new regs? are they to fall in similar line with NGTC I wonder?

Team HARD wont like that lol. Good though, their constant driver change was annoying. Thats if im reading it right.

"Possession and retention of a TBL includes an obligation from each entrant to contest all BTCC events for each season entered. An entry that is unused for one event in any season will void its TBL, and an entry that misses two events will have its entry rescinded for the balance of the season. In addition each entrant cannot make more than one change of driver per car during the course of a season except in genuine cases of force majeure"

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That looks like a great rule (y) Stop some teams from turning the championship into some sort of tourist attraction, with people turning up and paying to drive for a race or two... Commit to challenge for a season, or gtfo...

timor

RMS Regular
Triple eight will be running a third mg for Marc Hynes next year,have to say it looks more impressive than the 2 white cars!!
IMG_7347117606149.jpeg

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Gonna be some makes of car on the grid next year ,

Honda ( Civic hatch & Tourer)
MG ( 3 cars )
Audi ( A3 & A4 )
Toyota ( Avensis )
BMW (WSR )
Mercedes ( B class )
V. Insignia
Proton
VW Passat
Renault ( Megane )
Chevy .
Ford ( AMD )
Ford (Motobase )

If i missed any marque feel free to add thanks ,

Last edited:

Dan

RMS Regular
BMW (RML)? i seen alex mcdowell was testing Ebay BMW, he was associated with RML.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
^^ thanks dan lol , got West Surrey and Ray Mallock mixed
up there . .doh ! Fixed now . .

Reactions: Dan

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Hope Rob finds a great sponsor for next year . .

Rob Austin Racing announces it won't run under the WIX Racing banner in the 2014 BTCC season
PA1429715.jpg

Rob Austin Racing has announced that its sponsorship deal with WIX Filters won't continue into the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.

WIX first joined forces with the team for the 2012 season finale at Brands Hatch before a full-season deal in 2013 that saw Rob Austin's Audi A4 running under the WIX Racing banner.

Despite a successful season that included a breakthrough victory for at Rockingham, the team has now confirmed that the partnership won't continue into 2014, with the Audi outfit seeking alternative backers for the new season.

"Sadly we are announcing that WIX Filters will not be continuing with its support of our team through into 2014,” a statement from the team read. "While we greatly appreciate its support and our partnership in 2013, unfortunately its requirements for 2014 conflicted with arrangements already in place with existing sponsors.

“Our attentions now are fully focused on bringing on board exciting new partners for 2014 and the future. Clearly there is now a golden opportunity for other brands to join one of the most popular team-driver combinations in Britain's premier motor racing championship and experience the same levels of exposure we have shown we are capable of delivering.

“Our fanbase is among the biggest of any team in the BTCC and we are sure our many thousands of amazing supporters will show the same dedication to our new sponsors as they did our old.”

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That is what he did last year is it not? Seemed to work well, had a big following all season.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Sorta @ Sven , he did the "get your photo on the roof " thing
as a fund raiser but this is a step beyond that in that you,d
actually own shares in RAR . I have both Tshirts ,lol ,so
might consider the 35 share option , needs loadsa people
to get involved for it to work though .

roof pics.jpg

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think he may pull it off. Good on him for trying, will be watching with interest. Either a success or a disaster, lol, not much in between :grinning:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Triple eight will be running a third mg for Marc Hynes next year,have to say it looks more impressive than the 2 white cars!!
Marc Hynes will be a threat in 2014 BTCC, say Neal and Shedden

3rd mt.jpeg

British Touring Car frontrunners Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden believe Marc Hynes will be a threat for wins this season.

Hynes, who beat Jenson Button to the 1999 British Formula 3 title, is returning to racing for the first time in over five years in a third Triple Eight-run MG6.

Despite Hynes' lack of experience of wheel-to-wheel touring car racing, former BTCC champions Neal and Shedden both expect him to be competitive.

"I think Mark will be a challenger," Neal told AUTOSPORT. "We went to Bathurst in 2008 and he seemed to get the measure of the V8 Supercars quicker than [former BTCC champion] Fabrizio Giovanardi.

"He may have to roll with the punches, but I think he'll give as give as good as he gets.

"Marc's a class act - look at what he did early in his career. It's just bad luck and lack of money that stopped him."

Shedden added: "He should slot in quite quickly. There's no doubting his pedigree.

"There's a funny knack to going well in a touring car, but I absolutely think he'll win races.

"His quality will come through."

DID YOU KNOW...?

In the year that Hynes beat Button to the British F3 crown, Neal famously defeated the factory BTCC teams in his independent Dynamics Nissan to win at Donington Park, while Shedden was making his car racing debut on the TOCA support package in the Ford Fiesta series.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Red Bull and Jordan link up for 2014

Andrew Jordan has confirmed a partnership with Red Bull for the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.

As a result of a developing relationship that started two years ago, Red Bull will work with Andrew as he heads into his defence of the BTCC crown. Andrew’s crash helmet will be in the iconic blue and silver Red Bull livery, which is readily identified with leading motorsports athletes around the world.

“I’m delighted to be part of Red Bull’s motorsport programme,” said Andrew. “I’ve been working with the company for a couple of years now and have always used Red Bull to get mentally and physically prepared for races. It is great news that the partnership is stepping up a gear in 2014. I really hope this is the beginning of a long-term relationship and it is very good for me to be involved with such a strong brand.”

Andrew says that the arrangement is good news for all parties. “It’s really exciting that Red Bull will be a part of the BTCC in 2014. It is a real endorsement of the strength of the BTCC and I’m very proud to be going into the 2014 season as the reigning champion.”

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good to see him getting proper sponsorship, well deserved after last year (y)

Nicest and cleanest racer out there I think. Well, him and Turkington, obviously :grinning:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
As a proud (very small) part owner of RAR todays news at the Autosport show has
me rubbing my hands and shouting " Bring it on ! "

AUSTIN LAUNCHES 2014 CAR AT AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL

Austin-04-720x400.jpg

Rob Austin Racing unveiled its NGTC Audi A4 that will contest the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship today at the Autosport International show. Now with title sponsorship from Fast Exocet, the team is planning to build on the good results achieved at a number of rounds in 2013, which included a breakthrough first win at Rockingham in September.

Austin himself is in eager anticipation of the challenges 2014 will bring, and said, “These are massively exciting times for our team. Fast Exocet’s input is going to play a vital role in our results in 2014, and I know our brilliant fans will get right behind them as we seek to challenge for podiums and race wins.”

Fast Exocet, which provided sponsorship for the team in 2013 enabling promising youngster Jake Hill to contest the final event of the season, will have full branding on one of the team’s two entries and will also appear on the second. Managing Director of the company Neil Ryding adds, “Following a successful first season in 2013 as subsidiary sponsors of Rob Austin Racing, we are very pleased to announce that our association will continue over at least the next two seasons.

“Fast Exocet sees its presence within the BTCC as an integral part of its growth plans and on-going efforts to increase the Exocet brand recognition within the automotive and retail sectors.”

fire sher.jpg

Last edited:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
And this is where WIX fooked off to . ..

Adam Morgan’s team working “flat out” on new Mercedes
Adam Morgan says his Ciceley Racing team are working “flat out” on the new Mercedes A-Class he will race in the 2014 BTCC, a car he hopes to challenge for independents’ honours in.

Morgan’s team were due to take delivery of the car from GPRM on Saturday, after having its roll cage fitted, before an intense programme of work before the first round at Brands Hatch.

It will be the first time a Mercedes has competed in the championship in the modern era, and Morgan expects the car will attract a lot of attention.

Speaking to TouringCarTimes at the Autosport Show, Morgan said: “We’re flat out – hopefully we are going to do a full fit, disassemble, send it off to paint, get it back and fit it again. Then hopefully we will be testing by the end of February.

“That is the plan, but whether it will happen, we don’t know. Something always seems to go wrong!

“It is really exciting, and I think there is going to be quite a lot of media attention. It is a new challenge for the team, and it is a new challenge for myself, having to develop a car.”

Looking ahead to the season, Morgan is looking to make a further step forward in his performances, after impressing greatly with his speed and consistency in 2013.

He said: “I am really looking forward to it, and I’m sure we can achieve the same results as last year. I’ve got every faith in the team and what we can achieve.

“One step at a time, but the independents’ championship is what I am aiming for next.”

The A-Class will carry a familiar paint scheme in 2014, that of former Rob Austin Racing title sponsor WIX.

“It is great to have WIX on board. They are a great bunch of people, and hopefully it will be a long-term sponsorship,” added Morgan.

Dan

RMS Regular
lol, WIX is a whore then.

hopefully the new car goes well in its first year, although I cant see it being a front runner this year with no data to use

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
@ Dan , yeah it will be interesting to see how rhe Merc goes ,should be
a good base to start from ,as you say ,it will take a while to work out
basic set ups for all the tracks etc . At RAR , sherman has a years development
and set up done so looking to kickon in 2014 .

Reactions: Dan

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
With the new ngtc cars initial setup is bound to be made easier and the suspension is the same from one car the the next.
Tho the shape, size and weight differences probably play a part.

Easier than change from one s2000 car to another that is

Is the merc front or rear wheel drive?
I do t even know what the new b class production car is, all I know is that you can get a mad 4wd one

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.