Car for around 5k

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'm going to look at a 320d tomorrow morning. Ideally I would of loved one with I drive but they are as rare as rocking horse poo lol

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I drive a 320d as a daily, I'm not proud of it, boring heap but gets me from a to b.

Well it did a monthg ago, its currently lying in bits.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Auto 330 on Gumtree with iDrive I think. The one I link just needs black leather. Don't think they grey does much for them

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What are the 320d msports like to live with? I'm going to see a 06 one tomorrow. Any pictures of one's with a few subtle mods?

Last edited:

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I'd guarantee it @diesel-dave. When they don't show it in the ad it's never a good sign but I won't be buying it anyway. I've nowhere safe to keep it at night and couldn't sleep with a DHLA magnet parked on the street. Disgusting you're afraid to get the car you would like for fear of it being stolen. It's not the car that concerns me it's the thought of the *******s entering my house.

I'm in danger of going and buying a sensible family saloon, octavia or the like ffs! Just need to be patient until the right car shows up.

brendy

RMS Regular
Sleeper it is then.
That said, 5k would be a deposit to gtfo of your street! ;)
I'd guarantee it @diesel-dave. When they don't show it in the ad it's never a good sign but I won't be buying it anyway. I've nowhere safe to keep it at night and couldn't sleep with a DHLA magnet parked on the street. Disgusting you're afraid to get the car you would like for fear of it being stolen. It's not the car that concerns me it's the thought of the *******s entering my house.

I'm in danger of going and buying a sensible family saloon, octavia or the like ffs! Just need to be patient until the right car shows up.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Sleeper it is then.
That said, 5k would be a deposit to gtfo of your street! ;)

The area is fairly quiet and we're happy enough, but it's on full public display on a busy road, probably my anxiety more than anything! The missus doesn't drive nor has any intention to start and the wee man is content in his school, which we live directly across the road from. Stupidly convenient. He's two years left before secondary, we would both like to move out of Belfast then. Busting for a garage for a project. Maybe I should be sensible... I should also be in the head vs heart thread!

I don't even know if a Mazda3 Mps or Golf Gti would be any less desirable than a scoob or Civic Type R to them.

Jason

RMS Regular
What are the 320d msports like to live with? I'm going to see a 06 one tomorrow. Any pictures of one's with a few subtle mods?

291498_268720033151834_387605305_o.jpg

289040_268720243151813_772095939_o.jpg

;)

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Are they not all diesel and look like the std ones ? Leon's must be the most boring car in the works Ffs .

They come with Brembos, Recaro's, 6 speed, 210/225PS as standard. For an everyday car they would be a decent all rounder to run for a while.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
They come with Brembos, Recaro's, 6 speed, 210/225PS as standard. For an everyday car they would be a decent all rounder to run for a while.
Yeah but when I meet them in traffic I can't see the brembos, or recaros or the 210ps . Hence the just all look the exact same to me and are the most boring car in world. At least you can't miss a white focus Rs coming at you. Not that I would want one. Hence I picked that as an example.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Yeah but when I meet them in traffic I can't see the brembos, or recaros or the 210ps . Hence the just all look the exact same to me and are the most boring car in world. At least you can't miss a white focus Rs coming at you. Not that I would want one. Hence I picked that as an example.

Didn't you drive a V8 300C? That looks identical a 300C with a derv lump from a Merc or the smaller petrol lump from one of these?

2012_Dodge_Journey_--_NHTSA_3.jpg

Last edited:

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Good lad at Least I'll try and keep
You right and you clearly haven't seen a derv 300 against an srt8. Not surprising really tbf in this country as your all too miserable to have one . Other than me an @Nigel AI 600 I only know of 1 other srt so you wouldn't have anything to compare against lol

Lee

RMS Regular
Those wee Cupra R's are quite tidy in grey.

Wouldn't mistake one for a derv but not something I'd buy personally.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.