Cars you never knew existed

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
Well I'm not going to post any cars that I don't know about the existence of because I don't know they exist :party: but I might post a few that I think others may not know of, such as this. No point in naming it, someone else can have that fun...

111.jpg

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
They don't have a hood on the windscreen models but they have a bit of canvass that stretches from the roll bar to the screen frame. A bit like a luggage blind!

renault_sport_spider_4.jpg

...and the coupé derivative the Helem V6 with the PRV 6 cyl. instead of the 2 litre 4 cyl.

25278_333239299908_6936495_n.jpg

S0-La-photo-du-jour-TS-58450.jpg

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Well I'm not going to post any cars that I don't know about the existence of because I don't know they exist :party: but I might post a few that I think others may not know of, such as this. No point in naming it, someone else can have that fun...

View attachment 59193
Its a kadett coupe back with a chevette front but god knows wat its actually called.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta

Looks like a Kadett with a Chevette front.

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
A mates mum used to own one of these years ago. Never seen another one. Nissan Bluebird Turbo ZX. 1.8 turbo, pity it only had 135bhp

nissan-bluebird-18.jpg

I remember those. They usually seemed to be white or bright red. Think the ZX Turbo came in the hatchback too but I never took much notice of them so I'm not sure.

Lee

RMS Regular
Used to see a VR6 VW Sharan driving past every morning when walking to school.

South Africa have estate and saloon versions of the Corsa B. And probably lots more that I don't know about.

There is a factory version of the Mk3 Astra saloon which comes with a C20LET (2.0 16v Turbo) and is called the '200TS'. Not sold here.

You can get 5 door DC2s, not sure on DC5s.

If I remember correctly also, there was a Pontiac (maybe GTO?) The same bodyshell as a Mk2 Astra. Must research that one actually... Edit - It was a Pontiac Le Mans! I remember because a man near me had one years ago, all the way from US and A it seems.

Last edited:

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Yes, a Chevette front with HS2300 bumper/airdam on a Kadett C Coupé shell and it's not a Chevrolet Chevette, Holden Gemini, Isuzu Gemini or Buick Opel or a Daewoo.
Did it come from the factory like that or is it a bitsa?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
A mates mum used to own one of these years ago. Never seen another one. Nissan Bluebird Turbo ZX. 1.8 turbo, pity it only had 135bhp

nissan-bluebird-18.jpg

Saw a black hatchback one parked in wine tavern st out the back of castlcourt last week

Ford Capri

Ford%20Capri%201992-1994.jpg

Mrs Mangle used to drive one in Neighbours

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
south american chevrolet condor.
I'm not sure it was sold as a Chevrolet Condor anywhere. There was a Chevrolet Chevette in the US (they got a five door hatch which wasn't offered by Vauxhall or Opel
) and a Brazilian one with the flat nose of the Opel Kadett C but the one I posted is from Ecuador and manufactured under the brand 'Aymesa';

so Aymesa Condor.

111.jpg

They seem to build Kia products now: http://www.aymesa.ec/

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Is it a brown/green colour? Just saw something that looked very similar at Sureclean in Lisburn.
Jeez, never seen that around and I'm in Glenavy pretty often. :cool:

On another note, I see a Safrane thingy pretty often in Bristol.

Oh yeah, another thing, the Renault Spider jobby's used to be a support race in the TOCA / BTCC package. I saw them at Brands and Dony for a few years 95 - 99 when I used to follow the touring cars a lot. They were low, made an elise look like an MPV.

Last edited: