cheapest way of getting under 6 secs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
only one to buy is a pre evo have owned quite a few of both and trust me a good 3.0 will give any evo a hard time and no vanos issue..

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Sleepers FTW

Audi S8 - with all the gear does 60 in 5.5.
Or a MG ZT 260 does 60 in 6.2

Would be pennies as well no doubt

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
OP
chrisdromore
Drives
a8
are the 172clios really that quick ?

i dont want to rip interior out of any motor i get, wot cud i get with the interior in 6.5 ?

ph 1 172 clio, rip the back seats out, breathing mods and RSTuner remap, under 3.5k and with that should be under 6

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
are the 172clios really that quick ?

i dont want to rip interior out of any motor i get, wot cud i get with the interior in 6.5 ?

MGZS 180 will do 60 in 7 and its gonna be modern, comfortable(ish), cheap and reliable... a 2002/2003 one should go for a bit over £2k

Oh, did I mention I'm thinking of selling mine? :p :party: ***cough***

joegcoupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jeep Patriot 2.0
Theres a hyundai coupe there for sale
get about 8 seconds outta her (y)
less than a grand

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
wee clio 172s are great, quick,fun but have heard stories of them blowing up watch out for over priced ones and you will be on a winner...

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it marky, you should know that
close but you left a word out "a car is ONLY worth what someone is willing to pay for it...and i sell a brave bit so must be doin my pricing ok!! thanks chris..;)

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
A good friend of mine built a Nova with a C20XE and Nos kit for under £600 in total and it ran 12 sec quater miles at the pod (faster than a porsche turbo)

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Could sell you a quick ph1 172 clio for close to your budget ;) Not under 6 secs to 60 but quick none the less, handles extremely well and returns 37mpg on average :grinning:

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Tbh I think M3, 300ZX, S8 and 3000GT are in a different league to Clios, Swifts and Del Sols... I wouldn't consider the last three if you want something properly quick. Difference between 5.5 and 6s to 60 mightn't sound like a lot but above 100mph the latter three won't be too near the bigger boys.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.