cheapest way of getting under 6 secs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
LOL at the guy in the sciroccos attempt to pull up to the start

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Honda boys getting a good slagging yet again :p

If a 15 year old Evo worth £3k hit 60 in 5 seconds I'd be very surprised/impressed. I fear several horsies may have escaped from the engine over the years :worried:

Was there not a NOS assisted XR4x4 (badged XR4x4 anyway) down at bishopscourt many years back that decimated all? Couldn't have been expensive and by goodness it could shift...

Vaguely remember it beating all kinds of expensive high bhp fruit mobiles down there, much to my enjoyment.

Twain

RMS Regular
Personally i feel the whole budget and performance car thing doesnt really mix. Yes you can go out and pay 2k for something thats fast but no doubt itll be thirsty, have uber high insurance and get nicked as its prob old and easy to steal. For a 2k budget youd be needing another 2 - 4k on top to make sure itll keep doing 0-60 in 5secs legally and safely imo.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Lmao, was just about to post that! It looks absolutely unbelievable- total bargain. If i wasnt getting married i WOULD buy it :worried:.

Would definately be near 6 secs alright. integrated LSD and everything in these. bargain for someone.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Was there not a NOS assisted XR4x4 (badged XR4x4 anyway) down at bishopscourt many years back that decimated all?
Reminds me of the mk2 Golf tdi with a bottle of calor gas in the boot that was wiping everything in Millisle a few years back :laughing:;)

Could also get a rough Gt4 ST205 for just over 3k???

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Would definately be near 6 secs alright. integrated LSD and everything in these. bargain for someone.

Trying to talk the brother in law into buying it. Anything to look out for?

The same photo was used on an add on Pistonheads that sold 15days ago, so im a wee bit suspicious.

lalalupo

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 VW Golf R
a mk2 golf with a vr6 or 1.8t would get u close an u can easily get one for around 3k. or mayb a mk1 with an mk2 valver. mmm beaut.

stuarti

RMS Regular
M3 for 2.5k :scream:

Is this one thats rotten, been whacked left right and centre plus got 300k on it?!?!?!

Jeez i didnt think they'd hit those lows yet!!!

thought E36s M3s were still making better money than that??????

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.