Circuit of Ireland 2014 - to include the ERC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
few quick edits

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5120.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Is it worthwhile trying to get into Ards if you'd only be leaving Belfast at about 6:00?

Was down around the service area last night, some lovely machinery around.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Is it worthwhile trying to get into Ards if you'd only be leaving Belfast at about 6:00?

do-able, i arrived at that jump with 000 & 00 already through so no time to spare at all lol

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Breen getting it tight from God (Lappi).

looking forward to the highlights show!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta

Its gonna be around then before i get outta work.....dunno if im gonna bother my hoop to be honest.

Last stage of the day on a sunny friday evening ..... it will be absolutely jammed. Might just make do with a trip to service later.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Abbring seems to be out

Got passed in SS7 and arrived in a cloud of steam ..... car has had overheating issues from SS3 or so and they have been filling it at the end of stages. He dropped out between SS7 and SS8 so he can rejoin tomorrow.

Good news for Breen though, that's him up to second .... 20sec behind Lappi and 40 odd ahead of Barrible and Moffett.

Locals are doing well so far (y)

Last edited:

Sam.

RMS Regular
SS7 makes that 7 out of 7 for Lappi. Breen's window gone again lol

Lappi's time 8 minutes 38.0: "We had a good run..there was a small crest which threw us in the air..when we landed the steering wheel was out of my hand half a second"

Craig Breen now second 8:39.3: "The window shattered again on this stage...so bumpy, all the compression"

Robert Barrable third 9:01.7: "Not too bad - it doesn't seem to gel with us for some reason - just get on with it"

Sam Moffett 8:56.4: "I'm enjoying it, harder compound on and pushing hard"

Sepp Wiegand said he didn't see Abbring on the stage, which seems odd as he would have passed him.

Robert Consani 9:06.7: "Extraordinaire...the stage is crazy and fantastic...the rally is long, car is going very well"

Neil Simpson 9:19.2: "I love every kilometre of it. We had a big jump in there, we had a great time in there. This rally is full of surprises, there is always something to catch you out."

Josh Moffett 9:38.8: "brakes a lot better now, tyres OK, now we have heat in them"

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Screenshot_2014-04-18-17-58-24.png
In fairness all the local boys are putting in serious times.

Screenshot_2014-04-18-17-57-06.png

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Just back from hamiltons folly just outside leitrim. Donnelly was spectacular over the jumps.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Was working literally round the corner from the Ballygowan stage had to do my own wee circuit to avoid the chaos on the road to get home.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just back from hamiltons folly just outside leitrim. Donnelly was spectacular over the jumps.
Was up there myself, not long back. Should have called round on the way home, probably about 2 minutes up the road from me!

Sam.

RMS Regular
After day 1:
1 - Esapekka LAPPI 59:11.2
2 - Craig BREEN +12.6
3 - Robert BARRABLE +1:40.2
4 - Sepp WIEGAND +1:49.0
5 - Sam MOFFETT +2:05.5

Drivers comments:
Lappi 2:04.9: "It was very very good day, I am so happy. I think it is the first time I am leading a proper tarmac event." We will see tomorrow..it will be a great fight"

Craig Breen 2:03.1 taking a third stage win on the trot, but with an unpleasant smell from the 208 T16: "Nothing to worry about. A bit difficult [sun] it can get into your eyes. The rally isn't over yet - we can definitely do it"

In third, Robert Barrable 2:08.5: "That stage was quite tricky, we were just very cautious with the kerbs and the hairpins."

Fourth is Wiegand 2:04.4: "It was a really tough challenge for us today. We are in the running for the podium so we do our best tomorrow."

Sam Moffett is fifth: "The sun in my eyes! I missed the chicane and had to reverse"

Abbring back in service early:
BlhlXibIUAARkVH.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.