Circuit of Ireland 2014 - to include the ERC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Hamiton's Folly (y) Legendary jump :cool:

Not familar with the other stages, though. @Graham are the spectator super specials for Lisburn and Ards listed separately?
this is all that is available so far mate

the stages round ards area i imagine would stem from the mid 80's COI

I was in the buggy at this one whilst Da Curry snapped away :laughing:
coi3.jpg

Cess

RMS Staff
Schedule - Taken From the offical competitors documentation

Thursday 17th April 2014 - Free Practice and Qualifying

Free Practice 11:00 - 12:00

Qualifying Stage - Whinney Hill 13.03

Cermonial Start - Belfast 19:00

Friday 18th April 2014 - Leg 1

SS 1 Loughries Village 09:13
SS 2 Bucks Head 1 10:23
SS 3 Hamiltons Folly 1 10:58
SS 4 Lough Henney 1 12:14
SS 5 Ballygowan 1 12:43

SERVICE A (Titanic)

SS 6 Bucks Head 2 16:01
SS 7 Hamiltons Folly 2 16:36
SS 8 Lough Henney 2 17:52
SS 9 Ballygowan 2 18:21
SS 10 Newtownards TT 1 19:16

SERVICE B (Titanic)

Saturday 19th April - Leg 2

SERVICE C (Titanic)

SS 11 Bulls Brook 1 08:44
SS 12 Bronte Homeland 1 09:30
SS 13 Gregorlough 10:42
SS 14 Lisburn 11:42
SS 15 Lisburn 11:57

SERVICE D (Titanic)

SS 16 Bulls Brook 1 14:22
SS 17 Bronte Homeland 1 15:08
SS 18 Gregorlough 16:38

SERVICE E (Titanic)

Podium 17:58

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Bring it on !!!

By "Newtownards TT" I wonder are they doing the full TT circuit incorporating Comber, Dundonald and Ards

can't see them getting a closing order for so many towns to be shut down TBH

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Tell ya what friday is going to be a survivers day, some amount of road miles involved

going back to the old days

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Do all ERC rounds have Centralised Servicing?

Serious trek from Banbridge to the Titanic Quarter and back on a Saturday lunchtime
it'd be the most cost effective and when you consider WRC are maybe 80-100miles from service banbridge is only round the corner (which it really only is)

Cess

RMS Staff
Bring it on !!!

By "Newtownards TT" I wonder are they doing the full TT circuit incorporating Comber, Dundonald and Ards

can't see them getting a closing order for so many towns to be shut down TBH

Listed as 2kms. So probably not long enough?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I get the feeling this has been strategically placed for ease of Tourism, where else in the world would you fly into a city and within 5 or 20 mins of arrival be standing at Central Service with a score of hotels and amenities around you.

well done NI Tourist board & COI i feel as this country needs to keep attracting tourism and via my time in Barbados they put their all into the rally and getting people to visit for it as they spend so much as well as return for a holiday with friends and family etc.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Barrable first to sign up as entries officially open for Circuit of Ireland Rally

Robert Barrable.jpg

Circuit of Ireland Rally organisers have confirmed that this year’s startline will include high profile FIA WRC 2 competitor, Dublin’s Robert Barrable who is set to contest the Circuit’s international rally, the fourth round of the 2014 European Rally Championship.

Paris based Federation Internationale de l’Automobile have officially signed off the Circuit’s entry regulations allowing organisers to forge ahead and accept entries in both the International and National events.

Taking place on 17-19 April the Circuit of Ireland Rally will be the first fully asphalt event on the FIA European Rally Championship roster. The Circuit also counts as Round Two of the new-for-2014 FIA ERC Junior Championship.

Welcoming Barrable as the Circuit’s first official entry, Event Director Bobby Willis said, “It’s fantastic to get the official go ahead on entry regulations from the FIA and we’re moving into top gear now as we progress with entries coming in. We’re confident 2014 will be a Circuit to remember with a stellar cast of competitors and iconic cars thrilling fans and spectators at each competitive stage.”

Billed as a rising FIA WRC 2 series star, 26 year old Robert Barrable will compete in the Circuit’s international class in his Tunnock’s World Rally team Ford Fiesta R5. Barrable’s team have confirmed he and his co-driver Stuart Loudon will contest the Circuit of Ireland following the world championship-counting Rally of Portugal in early April.

A delighted Robert Barrable said, “I love competing on the Circuit of Ireland – it’s such a prestigious event with a great history, the stages are fantastic and the thousands of spectators create a magnificent atmosphere. My earliest memories of the Circuit are going to the event with my father Michael to help Austin McHale. Austin was famous for his flat-out approach to rallying, and that’s going to be my approach too this year in the Fiesta R5.

“I’ve done the Circuit of Ireland four times and last time out I finished sixth overall in a ŠKODA Fabia S2000 in 2012. The Fiesta R5 will be even better suited to the event than the Super 2000 was, so I’ll be aiming to better that result. With all the very fast European drivers and the FIA European Rally Championship competitors, it will be a very difficult event to win – but I’d like to think we have a podium finish in us. As always, we’ll be giving it our best shot.”

Entries for the 2014 Circuit of Ireland close on Tuesday 1st April.

Organisers are in the process of finalising arrangements for what promises to be a bumper week-end of motorsport and the management team are calling for additional volunteers to join the existing team of marshals. For more details and to register log onto www.circuitofireland.net or call the volunteer hotline 07732 612261.

For up to date information on the 2014 Circuit of Ireland visit http://www.circuitofireland.net/
Follow on Facebook .com/circuitofireland or twitter @CircuitIreland.

longchamps

RMS Regular
Drives
mx5 rs
how long is a stage? struggling to work out how whinney hill is going to be used. Up ballygrainey rd down whinney hill then across and up croft hill climb would be awesome

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
how long is a stage? struggling to work out how whinney hill is going to be used. Up ballygrainey rd down whinney hill then across and up croft hill climb would be awesome
its just the shakedown which is usually a few km so mile or two maximum

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Top Circuit of Ireland Rally competitors will converge at Ballycultra Village in the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum on Thursday 17 April from 11:00 for the official Qualifying Stage of this year’s Circuit of Ireland, the first pure asphalt Rally on the FIA European Rally Championship calendar and a counting round of the new-for-2014 FIA ERC Junior Championship.

uploadfromtaptalk1394588314017.jpg

Hosted by North Down Borough Council and facilitated by the award winning Folk Museum which this year celebrates its 50thanniversary, the Qualifying Stage will see designated priority drivers take part in a special closed road stage nearby, to determine the official starting order on the first competitive day of rallying the following day.

Priority crews, who are selected by event and championship officials according to their previous performances and international seeding, will undertake two runs of Free Practice from 11:00 before the Qualifying Stage gets underway at 13:03. Measuring 4.15 kilometres in length the qualifying stage will be held within the Holywood Hills area.

The fastest driver will win the ability to be the first to select their preferred starting position for day one, with the second fastest driver next to choose and so on until all priority drivers have made their choice. The official selections will take place as part of the Ceremonial Start at Belfast City Hall that evening (Thursday April 17). Crews competing without priority status can avail of the venue for shakedown from 13:45- 16:00 to finalise their car set-up for the following day’s action.

Taking centre stage at the launch and linking the past into the present was one of the Museum’s oldest exhibits – a unique MMC 10 hp classic car dating back to 1903 - alongside Northern Ireland Rally Champion Derek McGarrity’s newly acquired ex Dani Sordo and Chris Atkinson 01B Mini.

Joining North Down Deputy Mayor, Cllr Jennifer Gilmour, MLA Gordon Dunne and Cllr Stephen Dunne at the special Qualifying Stage event launch was the 1964 Circuit of Ireland winning co-driver Terry Harryman who clinched victory in a mini cooper with driver Ronnie McCartney.

Welcoming the Circuit of Ireland to the North Down region, Deputy Mayor of North Down, Cllr Jennifer Gilmour said, “We’re delighted that North Down is once again included in the Circuit of Ireland Rally programme. It’s a hugely iconic and historic sporting event and the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum will provide an excellent backdrop offering global viewers through Eurosport a distinct flavour of one of our top tourist attractions. The Borough is looking forward to meeting Rally competitors and their back up teams from all over Europe as well as fans and new visitors to the region.”

Event Director, Bobby Willis paid tribute to North Down Borough Council for their support and contribution and also thanked local MLA Gordon Dunne and his son Stephen, a Borough Council member who were both instrumental in setting up the Museum based Qualifying Stage.

“Gordon and Stephen Dunne are well known motorsport fans and we very much appreciate their help and support in bringing the Circuit to such a fabulous tourist setting in North Down. The Ulster Folk & Transport Museum is one of Northern Ireland’s top attractions and both rally visitors and TV viewers will be massively impressed by the heritage and setting for our all-important Qualifying Stage. I’d also like to thank Cllr Gilmour and North Down Borough Council for hosting Thursday afternoon’s shakedown.”

“Through its extensive classic motor vehicle exhibits and the annual Cultra Hill Climb with the Thoroughbred Sports Car Club NI,the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum has a clear synergy with motorsport. I‘m confident our competitors will relish taking on the challenging surrounding roads as part of this qualifying stage for the main competitive stages of the Circuit.”

Gordon Dunne MLA has been a long supporter of key motorsport events including the Circuit of Ireland. “Both my son Stephen and I are avid fans and it’s wonderful for the Borough to host part of such a prestigious international event. The eyes of the motorsport world will focus on Northern Ireland and it provides such a wonderful opportunity to showcase our top attractions, such as the Museum, in the North Down area. The region has had a long tradition and a huge following for rallying and we’re all looking forward to seeing star drivers both local and international perform to the very best of their ability.”

The Museum’s Road Transport Curator, Mark Kennedy is thrilled to welcome the Circuit of Ireland Rally to Cultra for the first time in the event’s history. “I have happy memories of the Circuit starting in Bangor during the 1970’s and it will make my Easter to see them visit the Museum at Cultra.”

Entries for the 2014 Circuit of Ireland are now open and will close on Tuesday 1stApril.

Organisers are in the process of finalising arrangements for what promises to be a bumper week-end of motorsport and the management team are calling for additional volunteers to join the existing team of marshals. For more details and to register log onto www.circuitofireland.net or call the volunteer hotline 07732 612261.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Apparently the shakedown is Creighton's Green Road aka Corft hill climb.

if they use the full length it gives one decent tight twisty and semi bumpy stage to run along, down whinney hill and in the back entrance to the folk park via the manor house i would imagine.

drove the road yesterday but no posters up as yet about a road closing though i heard of it via a friend of a resident who got the letter about road closing

Cess

RMS Staff
The Folk and Transport museum tweeted yesterday (or day before) that they will be providing the venue for shakedown. Does that add any enlightenment @Graham ? Not familar with the area, myself.

Keeping my eyes peeled for the formal publication of the legisaltion for road closing order(s) by DRD, but nothing as yet.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
not really mate as they museum from what i see are only providing the holding area with the shakedown being on proper roads, whinney hill stated on the map is a main 2 lane road which i can't see them closing but yet the crightons green runs onto it meaning start at the ballymenoch road and run the full length of the crighton green

this would mean a square left onto whinney hill for 1mile then into the back entrance of the manor and across the flyover to the museum i imagine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.