civic aerodeck vti

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Anto84

RMS Regular
Thinking About getting a civic aerodeck vti,

Anyone know much about these things Good/Bad?

Anto84

RMS Regular
OP
Anto84
DSCN0738.jpg

Not this car, pic is just to show type of civic...

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Engine - smoke above 6k rpm, rev the guts out if it, any blue smoke will indicate burning oil and usually new rings will be required.
Gearbox - can crunch going into 3rd at higher revs. (its not half as good as the teg box, but you can do over 70 in second gear lol)
Brakes - rear calipers can sieze
Rust - rear arches and rear of the sills are starting points.
Driveshafts are commonly broken

Apart from those and the usual car buying stuff like history etc they are fantastic cars and surprise alot of people on the road. I would own one in a heartbeat.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Also they have 4x114.3 hubs, not like all the other civics that are 4x100

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Not quite, the engine may look the same but they have very different internals and a completely different intake manifold amongest a big list of other stuff. Vtec is at 4500rpm and the butterflys on the intake open up at 5800 so there isnt really a vtec kick like a teg.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Have you seen one for sale? They are like hens teeth over here.

Jola

RMS Regular
Thats a fine example in the pic you posted, I was hoping it was the 1 in question but it wasn't to be. Good luck with the search, if you find 1 as tidy as the 1 above I look forward to seeing it.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
For a standard vti I would not pay over £1500, and it better be a good one for that.

Anto84

RMS Regular
OP
Anto84
For a standard vti I would not pay over £1500, and it better be a good one for that.

Thats what im thinking!
This is something for me to kart the Dogs about in as they are not aloud in my Teg!!

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
i took a notion for one and found Mainland the best place for them. But mileage isnt great no matter where you go. all 100k+

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
There was one on Gumtree a few months ago for £900 with under 100k and mot, so it shows you how cheap they have become. Actually finding one for sale would be difficult enough.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.