Custom Badges

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Hopefully this isn't breaking any RMS rules re advertisement, the reason why I put this thread up is because I know there was one or two folk looking custom grille and car badges on here over the past few weeks and this could be of great service to members... Anyway got speaking to one of the chaps from the 4wd club (local guy) last week and it turns out he can fabricate custom badges, emblems, etc. He's made some small stuff and some large stuff, all metal (I assume aluminium) which can be anodised or basically set whatever way what you want. Having seen some of his work I can say it is top class!

I asked him if he could do a replacement badge for the rear of the cherokee (mines is fooked) but customised slightly, so sent him a fairly crappy picture of the text style of badge along with what I wanted it to read and size info and he came up with this cracking little taster (see attachment).

His email address is v8wgm@yahoo.com (Gavin), may be worth giving him a shout if you're after something custom made (y) (tell him Craig sent ya).

Will fire up a few pics when I get the badge made (after next 4x4 session I guess) to show you how it turned out...

Attachments

• AMC 4L I6.jpg
    AMC 4L I6.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 494

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Coopers gonna tan your hind boy. He does't take lightly to rogue-advertising I hear :p

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Oop's Jim, I'd watch what you say... Thats an easy 6 points there :p

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Just helping out those looking for this sort of thing :grinning:

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
I know Coog, It's handy to know. I was mearly rakin' :grinning:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
He could make a fortune recreating some of the hard to get RS badges!

Can he exactly copy an existing badge?

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
He could make a fortune recreating some of the hard to get RS badges!

Can he exactly copy an existing badge?

I could almost guarantee he'd be able to replicate any badge your logo you could ever want.

Tylor

RMS Regular
Drives
vectra sri
very nice work there. as paul said, could be great for hard to find badges

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Called round tonight and dropped some badges off for him to copy, I'll post up photos when he's finished them :grinning:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Good stuff Paul. Guy's a gent and the quality of the work is excellent.

Got my badges on and all but going to do an update on the members car thread. Well chuffed with how they turned out!!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Yeah he's sound! I should have mine in a few days, it'll be a while before I get them fitted though lol.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Can he make from scratch or just reproduce?

Put it this way, between emailing me one night and the next evening, he'd already drawn and machined some Ford flavoured keyrings up as our conversation had given him an idea.

I dropped original badges round as i wanted to see if they can be replicated, which they can. Gavin can then get them hard anodised, so there's no worries about the finish lasting!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Picked up my badges today - super job :cool:

Here's some really crap photos of the originals alongside Gavin's badges.

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7377.jpg

Anyone looking stuff like this should drop him an email.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.