Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Point the camera lower, over 50% of the video just shows sky, and try and get a bit of your bonnet in the shot.

^^ I recommend this also.

Alot of camera playback footage can be hampered and in some cases ruined by looking at too much of the sky instead of the road ahead. The camera tries to compensate for far too much light and it can actually have a negative impact on the important things you're trying to capture (Cars, regs etc).

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Ok will do that the next time am out and thanks for telling me and thanks @g4ost as well

I just watched that video properly... by god that's hectic on a 70mph stretch of road he just swings out from the filter lane like a baws :confounded:

And yeah a fair tilt downwards would help you a good bit but there'll be less chance of capturing meteors landing on your commute :party:

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
I have been told by a few now people to go to ards borough council about what happen but I don't like the feeling off getting someone in trouble if yous understand so don't now what to do

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
I'm more curious about the secure care centre. Is it a care home a junior prison or a zombie attaack training facility. bin man was outta line only cost your brakes and your pants a bit of wear why go and report him.

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
I'm more curious about the secure care centre. Is it a care home a junior prison or a zombie attaack training facility. bin man was outta line only cost your brakes and your pants a bit of wear why go and report him.

Lol zombie attack lol well that's my point too

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I have been told by a few now people to go to ards borough council about what happen but I don't like the feeling off getting someone in trouble if yous understand so don't now what to do

They probably wouldnt understand though as the lorry wasnt speeding.

It's easy to say you dont want to driver reprimanded...but lets face it, that was a bloody serious incident especially as it was a NSL road. Imagine if a car had been closer, or a vehicle/driver less able to slow down and avoid hitting it ?
That would have made a hell of a mess.

If you were nabbed doing 75mph on that road when it was totally empty you'd get hammered with 3 points and a fine. You wouldnt have hurt or harmed anyone, nor put them at risk....as the road would have been empty

What that bin lorry did on the other hand, is 100% dangerous driving especially as you werent even the only vehicle on the road at the time. There should really be zero tolerance to that sort of dangerous driving.
As said many times before, the dangers are rarely speed, but on most roads, people using junctions dangerously are major causes of accidents and deaths....yet you never see cameras or police out monitoring junctions for such drivers.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The internet would be complete ***** if it weren't for Russian dash cams lol

They are true documentaries as well, it really is that bad over there... Everyone drives with a camera, to protect themselves against others, as well as to protect themselves from police... Been over there quite a lot for work...

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They are true documentaries as well, it really is that bad over there... Everyone drives with a camera, to protect themselves against others, as well as to protect themselves from police... Been over there quite a lot for work...

Same here really. Although presumably it's more about violence over there ? Here it's just blatant lies and legal action.

Or does Russia have a similar claim culture now ?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I think its largely down to police corruption over there. If you smash into someone and pay the police you can get away with it. Bit more difficult if the injured party has video evidence.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Exactly. The rich boys get away with literally anything, and police always go after the less well off/less well connected/etc. And expect a pay-off. The whole place is just one big maffia, from the very top and down.

Plus the driving is horrendous, lol, it really is, even compared to here :grinning:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Was over in Tosno a couple of years back and we weren't allowed to drive. Its the only place I've travelled to when work has said its just too dangerous to drive. Had to get a mini bus everywhere and we were involved in 2 crashes in it in 2 weeks. I lol when folk complain about the 'hectic' and 'stressful' rush hours in Belfast. Even the worst day here is like a walk in the park in comparison.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It does make your day a bit "interesting" though, sitting in a taxi and trying not to watch, lol - basically each for themselves and all for none :grinning:

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Another question about the blackvue

I'm on the computer and trying to clear the memory card but it's only letting me do it one video at a time, is there s short cut to clear the memory card in one go?

also is there anyway that the videos will just loop over themselfs ? Saves me doing this every night lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Cant you just grab all of the files and select delete ? Drag them to the recycle bin ?

Does it not automatically loop over old stuff ?

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Not at the minute lol I tried everything that you would normally do but I must be missing something, when the memory card was full it just stopped recording, it is only a 16gb but I will be buying a 64gb card how ever this sitting deleting like this is Putting my head away :grinning:

Last edited:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Are the files not on the memory card as normal video files ?

ie it just opens on the computer as a disk drive, flash drive etc ?

Are you using a card reader or plugging the camera in ?

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/DR650GW-2CH_Manual_EN_Ver.1.00.pdf

Looking at the manual, it sounds like it should automatically overwrite old files ?

Page 37

On microSD cards, older files are deleted first to mark space for newly-recorded videos. Copy and store
important files such as even recording files to other storage media.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Cheers @stevieturbo I couldn't find that information booklet at all lol hense the daft questions, I have normal record mode on which means it's always recording and saving, if I turn it off only event and parking mode will be running, if that's the case then there will be loads of memory if an event doesn't happen

I also turned specker off so hopefully it records in silence

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
The rate them boys travel really just brings truth to 'crazy Russians' saying. There all bonkers.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Some brutal ones there !!

Jeeeeeepers, some of those are literally unbelievable. That's why I hate driving in snow, most other road users haven't a clue how to drive to the conditions and you are completely at their mercy.