Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

mce23

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
amazon reviews arent great :worried:

looks a great size though
Seen that myself, but a lot of them seem to be in relation to faulty hardware which i have noticed is a common complaint about a lot of the cameras. Can buy through amazon Fulfilled in the uk so it should be easier to sort out if their is a fault.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Fiveways in Newry, a lot of arseholes up there. I tend to go that way most saturdays in the early morning which is ok, coming home can be a nightmare.

J-VW

RMS Regular
@Paddy_R what settings are you running day to day on yours just received the same one does the full 1080p eat up much more memory than the lesser quality options?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Paddy_R what settings are you running day to day on yours just received the same one does the full 1080p eat up much more memory than the lesser quality options?

I've never run it on anything other that the highest film quality setting. Personally I'd turn the g-sensor detection thing either off or to low. I had left mine on high and the camera had nearly filled the 32 gig memory card with 'events' which were me hitting bumps in the road, which in a Clio RS200 with cup pack happens pretty much all the time.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Do you guys have to press to record then? I think the one I ordered just records 3/5/10 minute loops and if anything happens then you remove SD card and they are all there. When it's full it overwrites the earliest recording. I imagine a 32GB card should be enough to cover most journeys. No ideal if something happens at the start and the end of a long journey as you may end up overwriting the earlier event?

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Google Russian Dashcam footage, then you'll be thankful of the driving over here lol

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Do you guys have to press to record then? I think the one I ordered just records 3/5/10 minute loops and if anything happens then you remove SD card and they are all there. When it's full it overwrites the earliest recording. I imagine a 32GB card should be enough to cover most journeys. No ideal if something happens at the start and the end of a long journey as you may end up overwriting the earlier event?

Nope, the one I have (and @J-VW has) records constantly in small segments (can't remember the lengths you have to choose from) and will record until the card is full then it starts recording over the oldest saved recording. If anything happens you simply push an easily reached button on the camera that saves that segment as an 'event' that you have to delete yourself i.e it it won't automatically record over it. Also the camera has a g-sensor in it so if your involved in a crash then it automatically saves that segment as an 'event', or that's the theory anyway. Problem I had was that I had the g-sensor sensitivity set to high and the combination of our great roads and the Clios hard suspension ment that I had nearly 32gb of 'events'. I've now turned the g-sensor off so that's not an issue. Also the camera I have records for around 10 secs (though this is adjustable) after the power is cut to it (either as a result of turning the engine off or a crash).

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
On my memory card I have to make sure the loop runs fully before taking out the card otherwise it doesn't save atall.

Nope, the one I have (and @J-VW has) records constantly in small segments (can't remember the lengths you have to choose from) and will record until the card is full then it starts recording over the oldest saved recording. If anything happens you simply push an easily reached button on the camera that saves that segment as an 'event' that you have to delete yourself i.e it it won't automatically record over it. Also the camera has a g-sensor in it so if your involved in a crash then it automatically saves that segment as an 'event', or that's the theory anyway. Problem I had was that I had the g-sensor sensitivity set to high and the combination of our great roads and the Clios hard suspension ment that I had nearly 32gb of 'events'. I've now turned the g-sensor off so that's not an issue. Also the camera I have records for around 10 secs (though this is adjustable) after the power is cut to it (either as a result of turning the engine off or a crash).
Cheers for the info. Will have a play about with it when it arrives!

mad

RMS Regular
Drives
rover 25/vw golf
Been looking at these recently.is there such a thing as a combined unit which would also work as a gps tracker?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
On my memory card I have to make sure the loop runs fully before taking out the card otherwise it doesn't save atall.

Ive noticed similar on mine. As long as you let the unit turn off completely before removing the card it's fine and saves most recent.

Not sure why there is a little bit of lag.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
what camera are you using @Paddy_R looks good with all the info and quality picture...

I posted a link further back in this thread. Was a £20 job of ebay but it's a great piece of kit.

Edit: second post on the second page of this thread.

Chris_E90

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 320d, GSXR
Wish i had a dash cam in the lorry this morning, would have got a crackin vid of @tsw and 3 other M3s heading down the A1 about an hour ago. All 4 of them were spotless

P.s that was me flashed you in the poundland lorry @tsw

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I've been running Blackvue's for a couple of years now.

I'd recommend buying a decent class 10 card as the one which comes with it isn't great. It may work fine forever, but the first one I had didn't so I changed it out and never had any further problems