Detailing demonstration day

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
To gain a bit of feedback, what would all those attending expect to see and want to see. No point me organising a demo and hands on tutorial if its stuff you don't want to know lol

We are definitely doing a safe wash demonstration as this will be the best foundation for any detailing enthusiast to work from. We will also be doing some machine polishing and letting you guys have the chance to try some for yourself

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
To gain a bit of feedback, what would all those attending expect to see and want to see. No point me organising a demo and hands on tutorial if its stuff you don't want to know lol

We are definitely doing a safe wash demonstration as this will be the best foundation for any detailing enthusiast to work from. We will also be doing some machine polishing and letting you guys have the chance to try some for yourself

Everything really for me, as im a complete novice to detailing and now i have a car i feel is worth detailing i'd like to learn some machine polishing techniques etc as im going to invest in one.

Dave..

RMS Regular
We both have leather seats and it would be good to learn how to take care of them.
Any advice on applying a sealer to the paint work would be good. I was going to mention electric polishing but just noticed the post above.

I have borrowed this image from the GT86 Club, this car was machine polished and I would like mine to have as deep a shine:

photo3.jpg

Mine hand polished:
2-Anachem treatment 002 (750 x 421).jpg

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Machine polishing is certainly something we will be going into during the day.

We will add interiors and caring for leather onto the list (y)

We really want to show people the importance of getting all the basics right as without being able to maintain and prepare a car it will have knock on effects to machine polishing

The guys at 50cal have very kindly sponsored a few prizes on the day.

Prizes will be for

show and shine - best prepared attendee's car

best question of the day - we want as many questions as possible to help your knowledge

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Im not sure if there would be much interest in window cleaning but i bet a lot of people spend a lot of effort and money on window cleaning cloths and sprays and the like, spend an good while getting the windows cleaned, stand back to admire their hard work then the feking sun come around and your glass is all smeary and looks like ya wiped them with an owl pair of trunks.......So proper window cleaning if possible ...pretty please.:oops:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.