Detailing demonstration day

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Im not sure if there would be much interest in window cleaning but i bet a lot of people spend a lot of effort and money on window cleaning cloths and sprays and the like, spend an good while getting the windows cleaned, stand back to admire their hard work then the feking sun come around and your glass is all smeary and looks like ya wiped them with an owl pair of trunks.......So proper window cleaning if possible ...pretty please.:oops:

I use kitchen roll on my glass seems to clean the spray easier than a cloth BUT this may be a crap way to do it :oops:

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
ah glass. I was terrible at cleaning glass, used to have to go over and over it.

Then I found 50cal 20:20 glass cleaner. It's the one product that actually peaked my interest in the company and made me go on a manhunt for them lol imagine my surprise when I found out they were a local company (y)

The trick is clean cloths, especially glass cloths and a good product. We will go a bit more in depth on the day though.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Start with the basics ie, prepping the bodywork before washing (snowfoam, citrus spray, wheel cleaner etc), safe wash method (2 bucket, lambs wool mitt), rinsing and drying.

Claying, de-tar, de-iron, glass, wheel protection, polishes, waxes, sealant and general keeping the car tidy.

I don't know alot but I will take in whatever advice is given :grinning:

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Is there going to be any suppliers on the day selling stuff as I need new snow foam and my lambs wool mitt is starting to fall to bits as the wee Adam badge on the side keeps catching it.

Ps you may fix my windows whilst I am on hols, did them yesterday and the front windscreen is streaky, Courtney said I was a freak on the way to School as I quickly produced a cloth when stopped at a set of lights to try and fix it :oops::sob:

O.C.D

RMS Regular
The trick is clean cloths, especially glass cloths and a good product. We will go a bit more in depth on the day though.[/QUOTE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you direct me to any good window cloths, do good microfibre cloths not do the same or are they to fluffy.??

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
micro fibres are fine for the initial cleaning but a secondary wipe with a glass cloth will take away any smears etc. Any glass cloth will do, they are more like a cotton towel with no fibres as opposed to a regular "fluffy" microfibre

Morgan@50cal

RMS Regular
Drives
A lot
Have you a site or can you PM me some prices, know off the top of my head I need snow foam, shampoo and a lambs wool mitt.

Hi Mel, Ambush SuperFoam is an SnowFoam with immense cleaning power

Combat Neutral SnowFoam is Dual purpose, can be used as a SnowFoam and then go at it with the lambs wool mitt, or used via two bucket method.

Free Next Day delivery in NI on an order over £30 use discount code 'RMS5' to get 5% discount (y) We don't stock lambs wool mitts at the moment, we're all about the chemistry!

http://www.50caldetailing.co.uk/

Dave..

RMS Regular
Yes we are looking into this at the moment, trying to get a better offer from the bank (y)

Paypal is handy until you get your merchant / bank account set up. I don`t carry cash as most things I buy are expenses and cash is hard to account for.

Morgan@50cal

RMS Regular
Drives
A lot
Paypal is handy until you get your merchant / bank account set up. I don`t carry cash as most things I buy are expenses and cash is hard to account for.

Oh we have a merchant account, we just use Paypal as well because some of our customers requested it. Cheers for the advice Dave.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Oh we have a merchant account, we just use Paypal as well because some of our customers requested it. Cheers for the advice Dave.

Have you thought about Amazon checkout? It means any customer can use their Amazon account details to make a payment.
Its a bit of a b@llocks to set up but handy when its all integrated.

Reactions: dub

Morgan@50cal

RMS Regular
Drives
A lot
The Queen is down by 50cal HQ today visiting Titanic Studios, where Game of Thrones is filmed.
She popped in for a cup of Earl Grey and gave us this picture of her sat on the Iron Throne! :p

10467924_273385349500758_1324266800_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.