Driftgames HQ Burning Down

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Seen this on Instagram and Dublin fire brigade pages.

Apparently engine block is burning down and eating up Driftgames HQ.

All their cars where in it earlier inc new builds etc.

Sad news

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Devastated for them šŸ’”

Having visited for a Members night, the cars, kit, equipment and ā€œhistoryā€ that has been lost insideā€¦.irreplaceable

Not just their premises either, Deane Motors, detailers, custom bike shop all of itā€¦.

They were on such a meteoric rise since Covid, and had massive plans for this seasonā€¦.

šŸ’”

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Screenshot_20240409_230546_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Doesn't look good

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Place was awesome. Best office/garage set up and it got a lot better after the open night. Serious amount of cars in DG & Deanes.

DriftGamesStudio-1.jpeg
DriftGamesStudio-6.jpeg
DriftGamesStudio-8.jpeg
DriftGamesStudio-13.jpeg
DriftGamesStudio-39.jpeg

Devastated for them šŸ’”

Having visited for a Members night, the cars, kit, equipment and ā€œhistoryā€ that has been lost insideā€¦.irreplaceable

Not just their premises either, Deane Motors, detailers, custom bike shop all of itā€¦.

They were on such a meteoric rise since Covid, and had massive plans for this seasonā€¦.

šŸ’”
Just thinking about all of the memorabilia in the office. All the old event lanyards, tickets, pieces of cars etc

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Place was awesome. Best office/garage set up and it got a lot better after the open night. Serious amount of cars in DG & Deanes.

View attachment 430760View attachment 430761View attachment 430762View attachment 430763View attachment 430764

Just thinking about all of the memorabilia in the office. All the old event lanyards, tickets, pieces of cars etc
Exactly what I was thinking, some history lost tonight šŸ’”
Spirit Rei PS is irreplaceable as a single vehicle given its history

Attachments

• IMG_7307.jpeg
    IMG_7307.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7324.jpeg
    IMG_7324.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7323.jpeg
    IMG_7323.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7317.jpeg
    IMG_7317.jpeg
    429.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7340.jpeg
    IMG_7340.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7342.jpeg
    IMG_7342.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7345.jpeg
    IMG_7345.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 0

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Devastating for all businesses affected šŸ˜­

So many irreplaceable cars and other stuff inside them units

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Rome Charpentiers on board in chase is also worth a watchā€¦ passenger will be taking some time to regrow some arm hair after that! What a couple of hoursā€¦. šŸ˜

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Yeah seeing the updates and it seems it is all lost according to Dave. Absolutely devastated for him and the crew. All that work over the years and itā€™s gone in the space of a few hours. I hope they can bounce back from this but itā€™ll be tough. Heartbroken for the lads. I hope the car community gets behind them in some form or fashion - no doubt theyā€™ll have insurance for all but regardless theyā€™ll need the support.

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yeah seeing posts this morning that everything is gone inc cars etc. hoping a few where still in the Lorry but looking at photos a lot of there where in for storing after dubshed.

Canā€™t imagine watching yrs of work go up. Know they have a lot of haters etc but was always nice to see someone/something Irish succeeding on a typically American stage

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
How does a place like this not have an assest protection plan, I thought at the minimum it would have some sort of fire surpression or a sprinkler system in place. I suppose the could always have failed.

Gutted when tradegies happen to places like this, some things just can't be replaced.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
This is actually heartbreaking. Didn't know the Drift Games lads at all but I saw a lot of videos about the unit online and it looked like they'd created something incredible

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
How does a place like this not have an assest protection plan, I thought at the minimum it would have some sort of fire surpression or a sprinkler system in place. I suppose the could always have failed.

Gutted when tradegies happen to places like this, some things just can't be replaced.

Surely fire suppression doesnā€™t stop anything if the building itā€™s attached too and surrounding unit is burning to the ground ?

da.murf

RMS Regular
OP
da.murf
Drives
Nissan 350z
Suppose it just depends where it started, might buy some time if it started in an adjacent building.

I did originally think when I seen their lift

ā€˜Man if they need to they arenā€™t getting those cars out in a hurryā€™

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
I did originally think when I seen their lift

ā€˜Man if they need to they arenā€™t getting those cars out in a hurryā€™

Yes I remember a similar conversation in our WhatsApp group at the time of the reveal. Seems like they were just collateral damage as the fire started elsewhere and spread. Hopefully they are able to cover some of the loss with insurance but I can't see it covering the value of everything considering theres a ton of stuff in there that would be hard to price / just built.

Won't ever be able to replace some of the vehicles like for like such as the Spirit Rei PS13 or other contents of sentimental value. I know a few of the guys from long before Drift Games was even a thing, and I know the effort that has went in to get them to this stage. Hopefully they are able to rebuild and move forward, but it must be a terrifying time for all involved knowing that there was large bank loans used to get the business where it is and now all the assets are literally up in smoke!

Lets not also forget the other businesses in the Engine Block who don't have the same following as DG who'll be devastated by the loss of their businesses as well.

Craggus

RMS Regular
This is nuts :sob: I was literally round the corner from them yesterday on the Lagan/Breedon Asphalt Plant, never knew they were in the same industrial estate.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

Not a legal requirement to have sprinklers or suppression systems.

To retrofit would cost tens of thousands.

Also, building construction would dictate external firefighting only, if no risk to life was confirmed.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Sprinklers may perhaps more be a requirement made by insurers but then it would usually depend on sums insureds, or processes involved in the buildings.