Driftgames HQ Burning Down

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
i was wondering why lots of people where sharing the dublin fire brigade post, never realised untill i saw this here what the building was.

so many cars and things gone, so much work involved also, hopefully they have good insurance to get something out of this at least.

I do wonder if they have lost all the media equipment and what not as they need alot of gear to run the events all over Europe. will this affect drift masters etc

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Thats utterly devastating. I feel so sorry for them. They built every car enthusiasts dream.

I don't know if they'll ever recover from this - it sure as hell wont be for lack of trying, but with that fleet of frankly irreplaceable cars gone I don't know where they'd even begin

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
also is Dean Motorsport (i believe James' Brothers place) and another company 'Engine Block' or something in the same place?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Not a legal requirement to have sprinklers or suppression systems.

To retrofit would cost tens of thousands.

Also, building construction would dictate external firefighting only, if no risk to life was confirmed.

I know it's not a legal requirement, but with such valuable assets inside surely the investment would be justified.

Would external firefighting prevent the spread if it started elsewhere, the adjacent buildings in the square in Newtownards seemed to fair well during the recent fire.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I know it's not a legal requirement, but with such valuable assets inside surely the investment would be justified.

Would external firefighting prevent the spread if it started elsewhere, the adjacent buildings in the square in Newtownards seemed to fair well during the recent fire.
Yes, external firefighting aims to limit fire spread to adjacent buildings. Heat radiation is one of the biggest causes of fire spread so it keeps temperatures down to avoid ignition point

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

LISP construction, as most industrial units are, melt at a low heat and also allow for hidden fire spread. They compromise very quickly and therefore would spread between different units fairly quickly.

We fight them externally due to the significant risk of collapse early on in the incident.

What saved Ards was the old buildings. Solid stone structures to the roof, with no shared roof voids etc. More than likely, if they been modern commercial premises the whole lot would have gone.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Jump to 3 mins on this for a walkabout. Crazy crazy amount of gorgeous cars were there.

jesus i couldnt get to 3 mins that guy is unbearable to listen to lol
They created a HQ that literally was a one off, inside the unit looked like a JDM street with Irish touches, honestly it was incredible. All their cars stored there etc and workshop.

Pretty cool! But I still don't get it, is this like a business or what? What do they sell or what services do they provide? Im old lol

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
LISP construction, as most industrial units are, melt at a low heat and also allow for hidden fire spread. They compromise very quickly and therefore would spread between different units fairly quickly.

We fight them externally due to the significant risk of collapse early on in the incident.

What saved Ards was the old buildings. Solid stone structures to the roof, with no shared roof voids etc. More than likely, if they been modern commercial premises the whole lot would have gone.

Interesting, you would have thought fire resitance and containment would have improved over time. Suppose like most things, its fine until something goes wrong.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Pretty cool! But I still don't get it, is this like a business or what? What do they sell or what services do they provide? Im old lol
Drift Games brand incorporates Zigen Promotions. They are a media and promotion company that work with the likes of Red Bill to promote, host and create live events such as Drift Masters European Championships, Middle Eastern events, LZ World Tour and were the driving force behind the Irish Drift Championship. They do media, promotion, live stream, commentary, advertising the whole nine yards. Obviously car guys, they started in a shed working on mainly jap cars, buying and selling their way upwards and touring the world to follow and participate in events. Their YouTube channel grew over Covid, and with collaborations, they have established themselves as a global brand. Built from the ground up over many years, they moved into these premises early last year with some like minded businesses to establish a “hub” for Irish car culture. They produce high quality online content and have clothing and merchandise lines that they sell online and at events… they had also just announced a 2 driver team for this years DMEC series

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Absolutely gutted for those guys, I don’t follow drift games but watched the finished build video. Proper petrolhead playground. Bought a few bits from Driver Focused and wanted to go down for a look at some point this year 😢

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
jesus i couldnt get to 3 mins that guy is unbearable to listen to lol

This one is a bit easier to watch

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Seems that the Deane Motors showroom may have gotten away unscathed but unsure if any of the other businesses have
30629A22-8177-4C1E-9F66-D0FEFA00C425.jpeg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
According to Drift Games IG it started elsewhere but spread rapidly.

Gemma

RMS Regular
It looks to have started in the mechanicing building on the very left hand side and spread across. Could be wrong however

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'm absolutely gutted for them. As said on another thread, I met Dave a while back when buying parts off him and he was nothing but nice and gave us his time to talk about his PS13s at the time as he knew I had one and was interested and was a real genuine fella.

I havent watch a lot of youtube to be honest but I think they've done brilliantly with the calibre of cars and that unit was done to a high level. They've done good things for the car culture, North & South and got us all together at these big drifting events. It's just devastating to see them go from having it all to it all going up in smoke. For some of those boys it was a full time job so not sure what they're going to do. My heart is broke for them.