E46 M3 Wrapped In Orange

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Saunts

RMS Regular
up close the wrap just looks like a really bad paint job (n)

Although have to say it was a brilliant job by the people who did it!

steve_yfzracer

RMS Regular
Drives
fabia vrs
3 things wreck it for me, that spoiler, the bonnet and the window tints are too dark.. csl spolier would have been a much better choice..

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
looks pretty good from up close if your meaning in the pics Saunts, I like it even if it is a touch need for speed. Would that wrapping be considered easier than fully spraying a car?

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
That's awesome, would look great around the Nurgurg, and as for the wrap looking like a bad paint job up close, have you seen the finish on a new BMW recently?? Orange peal as standard.

Saunts

RMS Regular
DSC03066.jpg

i mean in that picture, imo it looks terrible around the filler cap and between the rear and side window

Mark_C

RMS Regular
will it not look **** in like 3 weeks? and still cost the same as a respray?

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
yea looks quite plastic like in that photo, see what you mean

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
thats every bank robbers dream lol! were on the look out for a bright orange m3! oh no all we can see is a black one ;)

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Is that what colour it is?! Ha!

I saw a cream, Munich taxi style E-Class down near the Park Avenue last week, and I have to say there's something strangely attractive about them!

I have an idea for my own project though. :grinning:

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
DSC03066.jpg

i mean in that picture, imo it looks terrible around the filler cap and between the rear and side window

It doesn't look great there, but I imagine the lighting they use in that place for wrapping shows up everything. The outdoor shots look a lot better and more natural.

But then again, wrapping isn't meant to produce as perfect a finish as paint. It's a relatively less intrusive and non-permanent way of changing your car colour whilst also protecting the original paint underneath, the price of that seems to be a less perfect finish. As long you as you know it's just a removeable wrap, I guess that's an acceptable cost.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Of course it isnt going to give a perfect paint finish, it isnt paint.

Personally I think the finish is very good.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
NEVER diss the Cappuccino Beige again.

That's the colour my dads's Octavia Elegance is LOL!!

it has dents on the the bonnet and roof - I think the previous owner must have really hated the colour before he sold it LOL!!:party:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's the colour my dads's Octavia Elegance is LOL!!

it has dents on the the bonnet and roof - I think the previous owner must have really hated the colour before he sold it LOL!!:party:

Is his a 1.9 or 2.0?

I just keep telling myself its like the nice Audi beige.

Rfg

RMS Regular
Love the colour, car looks absolutly stunning in orange.. but would prefer to paint it rather than wrap it as i have yet to see a totally fantastic wrap. every blemish is highlighted and just cant see how it would last every day. Even I have 2 RS500's on my books and they are just ok in my opinion. and even have one customer who has dewrapped his and the Panther black looks sooo much better. had one customer who got his 911 wrapped in London. the job was £1600 to do it then shipping costs on top of that and to be honest after a year he got it removed and it was done by one of the top guys over there.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Is his a 1.9 or 2.0?

I just keep telling myself its like the nice Audi beige.

It's the 2.0 140 six speed Lyons, it actually comes with more toys than my VRS had!

It's pretty sharp too - not much between it and the 2.0 170 lump TBH, my dad reckons it's the best car he has owned

It is not far off the Audi beige

I like the anthracite grey colour you can get in the Octavia that the cops tend to get, it's not a million miles from the grey colour of the VRS ltd edition

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.