E46 M3 Wrapped In Orange

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It's the 2.0 140 six speed Lyons, it actually comes with more toys than my VRS had!

It's pretty sharp too - not much between it and the 2.0 170 lump TBH, my dad reckons it's the best car he has owned

It is not far off the Audi beige

I like the anthracite grey colour you can get in the Octavia that the cops tend to get, it's not a million miles from the grey colour of the VRS ltd edition

Aye the spec of the Elegance is incredible, better than the GTi. I really can't fault it.

Dave

RMS Regular
Quer stance on thon camo yoke, is that a satin black evo behind that orange thing?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I have to agree, I don't like to though but in this case it is true

This thread has officially become 'E46 M3 Wrapped In Orange / Skoda Taxi spec'. Two topics inexorably linked :p

Like the orange. Looks great imho. all the shots from the rear look great. But the bonnet..... what on earth? totally ruined by it. would have been better off just doing the roof carbon and the bonnet orange.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Does anyone have any idea how much this sort of wrapping costs? (without the carbon filter look)

Around the £1200-£1500 mark normally, but with the shuts and everything done, I'd day he was looking more £1600-£2000. It is by no means cheap!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Hmmmmm :party:

militare_3.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
What's the law reguarding wrapping? Do you have to state it on the tax book? Surely if you don't you will get pulled by the 5-0 at any god given opportunity?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Would be a nightmare tho. The police cameras will flash up black m3 and its bright orange. Im guessing they couldn't charge you as its only a big sticker.lol. But just the grief! My brother sprayed his car a different colour and changed the book to suit it but over the 2/3 days it took to register he got stopped like 10 times with suspected stolen plates....

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I'm not a fan of the matt black wraps, though they seem popular if a bit of a fad. I've yet to see a car which I think it actually really improves.

The Focus RS500 is a prime example, I saw one on the web which had the wrap removed and (I presume) been resprayed in gloss black - and it looked so much better.Must see if I can find the link.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
They come in panther black underneath the satin wrap, so I'm guessing it hadn't been resprayed.

I think for a wrap, its a chance to try something a bit different. While matt black looks great on the likes of ferraris, on a golf it looks a bit boring.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I wouldnt wrap a 996 in matte black, I'll be getting it sprayed white with blue wheels and "GT THEEEEE" in livery. :party:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I'm not a fan of the matt black wraps, though they seem popular if a bit of a fad. I've yet to see a car which I think it actually really improves.

The Focus RS500 is a prime example, I saw one on the web which had the wrap removed and (I presume) been resprayed in gloss black - and it looked so much better.Must see if I can find the link.

as said Gaz the RS500's are panther black underneath the 3m wrap
below is the wrap being removed from an Rs500 by Focus RS direct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqIzlt_rnqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dxCZdU9uU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVr7Ojr4wg&feature=related

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Is it wrong that I like that 458?

Do these owners actually do it because they think it looks good, or is it just for publicity/fun?

No offence Rocko.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Nah, havent done in anything in over a year.

I never really wrapped to an extent. Might fire the plotter up over the weekend and run off some decals if anyone wants anything.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.