E90 MSPORT- 330D VS 320D..Which one?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deansy

RMS Member
Drives
a4
if u dont buy the 330d u'll only regret not getting it. i'd the same issue few yrs back. e46 models, drove both b4 buyin & was glad i did so obiously i ended up with the 330d. heavy cars so still goin 2 b slighty hard on fuel. so the answers easy 330d all the way lol good luck

Gaz_DC5

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz_DC5
Drives
Audi A7
Bump for Jaslad, did you get the drive in both the 330d and 320d? Opinions?

Jason

RMS Regular
Viewed both cars yesturday, the 330 has great cross country pace, but far away from what id call a fast car, theres no bang as such, all very linear, was shocked at how tight/good quality and handeling of the cars. Really can throw them about. Build quality is excellent too, and the manual box is lovely in them. The 320D is a good going car but thats all it is, it def isnt fast just a nice amount of power for driving.

Various reasons against each car as to why I wouldnt buy them, but its def put me in the notion for one, going to see a 525 e60 today to give me a comparison

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Sounds like a hod car you're looking for there gaz lol

I'm moving job so I'm gonna need to change to a derv. Keeping an eye on thus thread.

rabster

RMS Regular
Drives
seat toledo 1.9
gaz make sure b for u buy the 320d or the 330d that the turbo filter has been changed at the regular intervils if it hasnt been changed walk away from them lad

Jason

RMS Regular
Think that was more of a problem with e46's, cant get around the condition based servicing, where the car tells you what it needs?!

Jason

RMS Regular
Drove the 525D today, much more solid car to drive and handles very well too, shame it was too rough lol Power was good too, far from slow

Gaz_DC5

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz_DC5
Drives
Audi A7
Just to update...

Ended up with an E90 320D M Sport in Japan Red with 46k on it. Loving it so far and no regrets over the 3.0, plenty of power for the drive to work and averaging 51mpg.

The 330D has a great engine no doubt but this is everything I need.

Just getting twin pipes for the back as the 320D backbox is horrible and also a set of VMR 710's with it slammed on FK's :p

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I think the 320D was the better option for you considering the mileage you do per week

get it remapped and get some pics up (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.