F1 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Aha. The green flag was being waved on that lap.

The flags take precedence over the flashing boards.

No case to answer then.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Yeah Button could be a contender next year.

He didn't fair as well as Alonso did in a Hamilton based McLaren but he could do well in a competitive car based around him.

He needs to sort his qualifying form out though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Button is great with the right machine under him, but anything not just so and he cannot cope. I still have him as one of the best in the Webber/Button/Massa category, riding shotgun to someone else. But not up there with the very top drivers like Vettel, Alonso, and Hamilton, who are fast whatever they drive.

Actually looking forward to seeing what Perez can do. He has done some sterling work at Sauber, flashes of brilliance. A bit erratic though :grinning:

And we may be too quick to write off Merc. A dark horse, yes, and an outside bet. But they obviously stopped developing the current car some time ago, focussing all on next year. Plus they now have one of the three fastest drivers on the grid. So who knows.

Kimi somewhere in between at the moment, but he is a hero, lol, so who cares :cool:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
nice end to 2012 for Sky Sports F1 HD as they won "Best TV Broadcast Award for Outstanding Coverage" at last nights FIA gala in Istanbul.

well deserved.

C4L

RMS Regular
must say after all the crap around it before the year started I think sky deserve credit for their effort. They didn't get a monopoly then sit + do a crap job they really put in the effort and as the way we watch the sport I think it made the year much more enjoyable!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I really enjoyed the Beeb coverage too. Plus, it was free! No money to Mr Murdoch from me :p

C4L

RMS Regular
didn't compare to the sky coverage mate! not rubbing it in :p but they really did put in an effort, was nice to see :grinning:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Probably the most biased, mis-informed piece of journalism I've ever read outside of the Daily Mail.

Sportsmen should be magnanimous in defeat and not sore losers.

Ayrton was a phenomenal driver but he didn't half talk some s**t in his time.

There, I said it.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
a good read.

I think it's a nod to the powers that be in Formula 1 - make it more about the drivers and less about the folk designing it.

I'm sure there are people out there that only look at the odd race result & think the Vettel boy is the best thing since sliced bread and untouchable, those like us, who follow the sport, know it's not entirely the case.

it would be very interesting if the drivers made more of a difference and it would attract more fans. I only hope to see a day when this is the case.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
That's why I enjoy watching GP3/2 so much, cars are identical, the driver/setup/stratagy is key, not who has the biggest wallet and best designer

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
On a different note , does anyone rate Grosjean and if
not who would you like in that 2nd Ren... i mean Lotus
seat alongside the Iceman . . . ? :rolleyes:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

easy... that would be slider

Top-Gun-Slider.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR

Personally, I do not rate Grosjean. He has had a decent car for a while now and not made a mark.

But he will stay, because he brings the cash :worried: Any number of people around who would do a better job.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.