F1 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Also HRT have finally started testing their new car

1330857913.jpg

:party:

C4L

RMS Regular
I could see this redbull running rings round the rest of the field again. Going on nothing other than a hunch but I wouldn't be one bit surprised. Newey really is an incredible mind

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
that's because it is broken. a piece came off the front wing and ended up somewhere on the track, quickly collected by Red Bull mechanics from the stewards.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
that's because it is broken. a piece came off the front wing and ended up somewhere on the track, quickly collected by Red Bull mechanics from the stewards.

It looks broken but it doesn't if you know what I mean? apparently they were using flo-vis on it

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
they are always upto something these Red Bull boys.

hope the car fails miserably

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
To have pretty much re-designed the whole car has gotta show they got something wrong with the first one!

C4L

RMS Regular
To have pretty much re-designed the whole car has gotta show they got something wrong with the first one!

that or else this new one is such a rod that they didn't want anyone getting a look at it too soon, I'd be pretty shocked if Newey got his aero stuff wrong. Only time will tell I suppose!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
that or else this new one is such a rod that they didn't want anyone getting a look at it too soon, I'd be pretty shocked if Newey got his aero stuff wrong. Only time will tell I suppose!

This.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
But that's just wasted time, Newey tried the concept of blowing the wishbones but saw the McLaren/Sauber solution as a better opportunity to try and blow the diffuser

I'm sure we will find out in 2 weeks!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR

Just sandbagging, they all do it. They test different things at different tests, and only show what they need for the specific test. The full car is never revealed until the last day of the last test, or even the first test of the first race. This is why testing is so hopeless as a measure of form.

And yes, they all "borrow" ideas :p

RB do look strong though, but I think (hope!) McL will be closer. Lotus/Renault look good too, as do others. And nobody knows where Ferrari are, they are playing a really close game.

Worrying that both HRT and Marussia/Virgin will show up in Melbourne without having turned a wheel. They really should not be on the grid.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
HRT doing a filming day at Barcelona tomorrow.

teams should have to attend at least one full test day, for safety reasons at least.

you have to wonder why they even bother, another long hard slog for not much reward.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I guess the other way to look at it is that if they manage to qualify for the first race without any testing at all, then that is an achievement in itself... Still, they are so far off the pace. It is like they are standing still when the top teams come around after a few laps.

C4L

RMS Regular
HRT or virgin or whatever they are called should never have been allowed in, constant abortion since day one. Caterham may well have not been much quicker to start but they made tests, show a more stable and confident approach and haven't been such a liability, well thats my opinion anyway...

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Caterham's pace at Barcelona last week would have qualified them 11th/12th on the grid in 2011. sounds dead on but everyone else has got a faster car now so they are just always going to be at the tail end unless they find something. having KERS this year will be a big boost (excuse the pun), especially at the starts.

new Marussia MR-01 unveiled at Silverstone today, no ugly stepped nose!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Marussia confirmed they wouldn't have a stepped nose a few weeks ago, using McLarens wind tunnel don't forget they said there was no difference in performance

here's the HRT

531462855.jpg

Dripping with a whole 2 sponsors :p

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Interesting diagram from F1Technical, showing what apparently happens at high speed, which stalls the diffuser!

testyijsp.jpg

C4L

RMS Regular
thought I'd share with fellow F1 fans the single most pointless bit of information ever:

Had a dream last night that ferrari where struggling at silverstone, p9/p10 area, so I took the mg out and raced round with Alonso to see if there was anything he was doing wrong. When we came in he said I nearly hit him and was raging at me so I punched him and he started crying so naturally we made up and became best friends lol

nevertheless I see Ferrari struggling once again, even Stefano and Luca in the last few days saying they aren't looking great, heads are gonna roll at that place!

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Cant fault Sky for their promotion of their new channel ,its advertised everywhere !

KeithFRP

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Racing Puma
i think McLaren is definately closer on terms of pace, but its hard to tell, because really it depends whether they have built a saturday car or a sunday car which was the debate last year. Lotus Renault look good, really want Kimi to produce the goods, as does Mercedes. Ferrari look to be struggling, i read a thing saying that Ferrari were really competitive over one flying lap, but by the time Massa had finished a 6 lap stint he was a full 7 seconds slower than his first flying lap! Front pull rod suspension seems to be a poor decision, and it really baffles me as it was last used on a Minardi in 2001!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.