F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Quantum Motorsports didn't pay up then, kinda sucks, should have been Hulks seat

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Missed the split, double post - sorry :oops:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25310466
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25310485

The double points in the final race could be fun. Unlikely to make a huge difference unless the championship goes down to the wire, but still no harm I guess.

The forced two pit stops would have been bad though, glad that got rejected.

Would have been good to see the weight limit increased, but apparently too short notice for this year. Might be brought in for 2015 though.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
If it's double points the race should be twice as long. Having one race worth more points than the others is ridiculous.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Terrible, terrible idea imo.

Why can't the FIA see that refuelling, single or double blade wings, flat floors and limited aero are the answer ..... Not these artificial things to spice things up like drs and double points races.

Next season it will be mario kart mushrooms FFS.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
IMG_507569281380629.jpeg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Sergio Perez to be announced at Force India today.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
OP
Delboy23
Drives
EP3
If force India have a decent car then that's definitely two guys to watch out for!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You have to give it to him for still finding rides... Or more correctly I guess, for still finding sponsors...

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Sauber finalise their line up for 2014
Sutil , Gutierrez ( Drivers )
Sirtokin (test driver )
Telmex ( Main sponsor)

Esteban Gutierrez will continue with the Sauber F1 Team for the 2014 F1 season, it has been announced.

The Mexican, who first tested for the team at Jerez in late 2009, made his debut at the pinnacle of the sport this year and after a shaky start that saw his future called into question, he improved along with the C32 as the year went on, eventually capping a strong run of qualifying results with his only points of the season in Japan.

He will be joined at Sauber by former Force India pilot Adrian Sutil, who was confirmed a week or so ago by the Swiss-based outfit. The length of the deal with Gutierrez was not disclosed.

“I am happy to be able to continue as a driver for the Sauber F1 Team. It was a steep learning curve last season, but by working closely with the team I was able to improve continuously. It will be my fourth year with the team, the second as a racing driver, and I feel comfortable in taking the next step,” he said.

“The technical challenges in 2014 will be massive. Therefore it will be even more important to know well the people you are working with. I will do my very best to improve even more and support the team the best way I can.”

Sauber team principal, Monisha Kaltenborn meanwhile is hopeful that Gutierrez will be able to build on first year in the top flight.

“We are pleased Esteban will drive for us in 2014, because we believe he is a talented young racing driver,” she added. “Last season he experienced first hand how hard it can be for a rookie to step into F1.

“Nevertheless, throughout the season he improved significantly in qualifying as well as in the races and finished the year as the best rookie in the drivers' championship. Often the results didn't fully reflect his performances.

"I am confident Esteban will be able to use his experiences to gain results, and this will be helped by the fact he is very well acquainted with every member of the race team.”

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Kobayashi in Caterham link over F1 return

Kamui Kobayashi linked to a possible F1 return with Caterham for the 2014 season
PAPHOTO4_462131.jpg

Kamui Kobayashi could be set for a return to the F1 grid in 2014 after reports emerged linking the Japanese racer with a possible move to Caterham.

The Leafield-based team is the only one on the grid still to confirm either of its drivers for the new season, although GP2 racer Marcus Ericsson is hotly tipped to take up one of the race seats for what would be his debut season.

While Giedo van der Garde remains in talks about staying on for another season, and Charles Pic also being in contention to keep his position, reports have emerged suggesting that Kobayashi could be set for a drive after a year out of the sport.

The Japanese racer lost his drive with Sauber at the end of 2012 and spent the 2013 season competing in sportscars with AF Corse in the World Endurance Championship.

The Finnish publication Turun Sanomat has reported that Kobayashi has now been spotted at Caterham's factory and could move ahead of van der Garde and Pic in the queue for a race seat.

The 27-year-old, who had one F1 podium to his name, would be able to bring financial backing and would give the team an experienced team-mate for Ericsson if he does indeed take up a race drive.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Kobayashi couldnt match Perez who really isnt the best out there so he had his go. I think van der garde deserves a second season. He always popped up in we freak qualy sessions and showed good pace. Pic is sh1t and to be honest Kovalinen I dont believe to be blistering if not atleast reliable and good for development. Caterham are dropping the hammer to the highest bidder.

As for the Marussia seat ..... they should run a ' roll up roll up' advert, million pound a race for anyone thats fancies a go. Odds are someone might get within half a second of Bianci because Chilton sure as hell can't. His da could maybe pay jules to slow down I suppose .......

....And as for the Lotus seat, that was a joke, the Hulk deserves a front running seat but with Lotus pushing so hard in 2013 with no money and a relatively small factory will they have a good car next year? Force india committed v.early to 2014 and this new Mercedes engine Hulk might have got the better deal.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Agree Kobayashi would never be a world champ, or even win races. But he is a solid driver, brings some cash, and would be great for developing the car.

If they then give the other seat to a new young gun, then all is good (y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I'd put Kobayashi in the seat before a lot of the other ones free at the minute.

at least he has a podium to his name (& maybe €6m)

C4L

RMS Regular
@chunky I agree and no one else seems to have picked up on this always siting Lotus as a 'front running team'. They have no money and didn't have all year, surely that can't bode well for next years car especially this particular year with the big rule change... I hope for Hulk's sake Force India end up quicker than Lotus

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.