F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Would it not be better to try and qualify as high up the grid as possible so the penalty doesn`t put him at the back?
Or maybe Vettel and Red Bull don`t care anymore?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think the "logic" is that he would end up right at the back anyway, especially with fewer teams in the running. So he would be better off starting from the pit lane, as that gives more freedom on the strategy (chassis changes, tyres, etc.).

Does seem a bit extreme though...

stevyg

RMS Regular
Sad news for the 2 teams having to sit out the next race because of money issues. Unfortunately the history of F1 teams coming out of administration to glory is 0%, so it doesn't look good for them. On one hand I think the bigger teams should have some sort of council to help the smaller teams by offering guidance and wisdom especially when it comes to staying in F1 for the long haul. But in the other hand I think if you don't have the money to play, then you've gotta go and make room for someone who does have the money.

Interesting news about Audi, if they joined F1, Porsche & Peugeot would eventually follow suit. I think Toyota would give F1 a try again too because of the new rules etc

I'm wondering about Hass now, would Alonso go there? I think Stefano Domenicali was rumored to go there...

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Not sure yet, talk of him going to Ducati to help in motoGP.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
2008_audi_f1_kim_stapleton_pointilism_au_001.jpg

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Rosberg a broken man now surely.
Hamilton is driving beautifully.

Wouldn't it be typical though for Hamilton to go into Abu Dhabi with a 49 point lead, have a failure of some sort and Rosberg winning the race and championship by taking double points (50)?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
OP
Delboy23
Drives
EP3
Rosberg a broken man now surely.
Hamilton is driving beautifully.

Wouldn't it be typical though for Hamilton to go into Abu Dhabi with a 49 point lead, have a failure of some sort and Rosberg winning the race and championship by taking double points (50)?

That's probably what will happen, imo I wouldn't want to win a championship that way. Not deserved I'd think!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
10 wins for Lewis v 4 for Nico.

Nico is all out of ideas, hasn't won since the team radio rules were changed.

Reactions: dub

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A bit meh at the front to be honest, but good win for Lewis once he made the move.

Love Ricciardo, his radio message to the team after the finish line was just a big whoop and chuckle :grinning:

And a great result for Williams again.

Decent scraps behind, not a bad recovery for Vettel it has to be said.

Love that track!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.