F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I suspect some political skulduggery, would not surprise me in the slightest if RB/Mercedes hinted to FIA that different rules should apply to Honda... Agree that it would be hard to see FIA not accepting the Honda argument, but I did note that the issue has been referred to a manufacturer group, so it may not be in the hands of the FIA after all...

Got to love a good conspiracy :grinning:

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I have a great idea for new engines and f1. Bin the half engine half milk float idea, 1.6 turbo engines. Super sticky qualifying tyres for the top 10 and of course refuelling. Let's see the drivers going flat out 100% of the time and give the fans what they want.
A good bloody race.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
I have a great idea for new engines and f1. Bin the half engine half milk float idea, 1.6 turbo engines. Super sticky qualifying tyres for the top 10 and of course refuelling. Let's see the drivers going flat out 100% of the time and give the fans what they want.
A good bloody race.
Hate to say it but that will just turn f1 into a procession like years ago with no overtaking

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty good summary of all the intricacies and details:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30731004

Looks like a complete and utter shambles. Not just the latest "ruling", but the whole scheme looks like it has been specifically designed as a barrier for any new entrants... Ridiculous is not strong enough...

Not much Honda can do about it looking at these rules, and with the money they have already invested there is no way they could pull out... But the whole thing is just a complete mess, and now the others have tried to get even more advantages...

The best thing anyone could do would be to just scrap these overcomplicated super expensive ridiculous engines and just go back to a simple combustion unit, with or without turbo...

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
A good bloody race.

Unfortunately, it would be too fast and too unsafe.

Just think, the cars are as fast now with all the restrictions imposed on them as they were 10 years ago when they were refuelling, running quali tyres and had 2.5 V10's and Ferrari and Schumacher were writing the rules to suit themselves.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Seems like a degree of common sense prevailed in the end:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30860212

Still quite skewed against any new engine entrants (Honda), as they effectively will still miss out on most of the development this year (they will only be allowed whatever development is "left unused" in February by the other engine manufacturers), yet will be subject to the same restrictions on the number of engines (down to 4 for the season from last year), and the same reduced development allowance for next year, as the existing suppliers. What a mess...

Also, apparently they have not been allowed to do any testing during development so far, which puts them even further behind the others with an full season behind them. Basically, when Honda ran at the final test last year, that was the first and only time the engine ran in an actual car. And it will not be running again until the first test in February.

The rules are obviously written to make it all but impossible for a new engine supplier.

Honestly, if Honda have anything working at all this year, it will be a major feat, and an absolute miracle. Never mind having anything competitive.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
New superlicence requirements not set in stone either Sven and the
FIA are already backtracking on some aspects of it . .

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually, the new licence rules (age and experience restrictions) made sense :grinning: F1 would soon just be full of younger and younger children with rich daddies otherwise...

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Time nearly up for Marussia
Wednesday's auction would spell the end for the team, admits Lowdon
wheel-marussia-auction_3241074.jpg

Any remaining hope that Marussia could return to the F1 grid this season will be extinguished if Wednesday’s auction of the team's equipment goes ahead, former boss Graeme Lowdon has admitted.

The Banbury-based outfit missed the final three races of the 2014 campaign after entering administration with debts in excess of £60m.

Although the FIA included the team under the name of ‘Manor F1’ on its provisional entry list for the 2015 campaign, time is poised to run out for the team – or at least what remains of it following an earlier auction in mid-December – on Wednesday when critical infrastructure items will be put up for sale.

“There have been some auctions already but none of the equipment that has been sold so far is essential for the team to go forward,” Lowdon told Sky Sports News HQ. “But if that equipment went next week it would be difficult.”

It’s believed that the team’s Banbury base has already been purchased by Gene Haas, boss of the eponymous team slated to join F1 in 2016, while a number of former Marussia employees have found employment elsewhere on the grid since being made redundant in November.

However, Lowdon is adamant that, if substantial financial backing can be obtained in the next 48 hours, the team could yet return for the new season. “It’s certainly possible for the team to get there,” he added. “It would be good news for F1 and for our fans certainly.”

The first pre-season winter test commences on Sunday February 1 at Jerez.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
What on earth is that black thing snaking up one side and over the engine air intake? Surely not going to be there in race mode?

Nose appendage still looks ridiculous, I thought they were doing away with them?

Love Williams though (y) My favourite team last year, really hope they can push for wins this year :grinning:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I would imagine Williams are not allowing some of the finer details to be revealed, so they have photoshopped it with black to hide it for a few more days until their full unveiling.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Probably his girlfriend telling him he would look good like that, lol :p That is mad!

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
F1 is just totally screwd and fuocked up beyond all belief, Swaqk Hamilton stupid rules, everyone needs to defect to another class. Me I am on BTCC, that is good racing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.