F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

simy

RMS Regular
Fillioncanttalk.gif

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Mexico practise was good lol. Nice giving off about him bumping him at 1 last race still.

You would think he's putting forward a case for points deduction lol.

Yes Hamilton, amazing on the track, **** off it. Sigh. I really wish it wasn't him in that merc.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
As Bernie said: "Hamilton is a great F1 champion" in terms of promoting the sport around the world via social media, showbiz or whatever.

Like it or not…he's right.

But to my mind F1 shouldn't really need a lot of promoting. If the racing/competition was better it would promote itself, but it's not so it needs people like Hamilton to do it.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
To me it looked like Lewis wasn't trying. I wonder did he throw nico a bone to get him 2nd in the championship.

Exactually what I told the mate, where was Nicos pace all season.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness Nico did a decent job this time, but yes, hard not to think Merc wanted to secure that second spot in the c-ship. The second tyre stop kind of gave it away...

Vettel in the barrier, that is a rare sight!

And Bottas punting off Kimi, Karma, lol :p :innocent:

Other than that - lovely track, boooooooring "race"...

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I think Lewis really understands Nico frustration and whilst he didn't throw him the race I do think he did his best to ensure either a 1 / 2 victory.

He wasn't to happy about coming in for tyres and withh that safety car maybe he could have done them to the end but then you would have really saw Nico pull away with better set.

Looked like a great track, atmosphere and build up online was great, sadly the lack of competitors ruined it.

But who can compete with the mighty Mercedes now days. Reminds me of the days when your gran could have jumped into a Williams and won a f1 race.

Need more variations to create more chances, eg multiple tyre manufacturers and locked into one brand for 3 races, or drs enabled for any cars instantly more than 2 seconds slower than last lap etc.

I know everyone complained about when Schumacher dominated with Ferrari (and in my eyes those where the best times in my memory likely as watched more races then) but it's the same thing.

Honda need to get their ass in gear and sort this engine, Ferrari need to get these twitchy cars sorted out. Vettle there's no way that was anything other than mechanical issues and Alonso going out the ways they did really bugged me.

1 lap, jesus he must have been raging.

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Last year Mercedes reliability decided the championship, this year Nico was fairly beaten time and time again by Hamilton so he deserved to come out on top.

Really enjoyed that race, was great seeing Mclaren competing in the mid field, even if that was just because of the weather.

I thought that Hamilton had more reliability problems last year.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
I thought that Hamilton had more reliability problems last year.

They traded reliability throughout the year but the last 2 races where it mattered Singapore and Abu Dhabi Rosberg suffered zero points finishes due to failures, just as the championship was head to head - hamilton didn't and maximised points.

Not such a factor this year however, although I feel if Rosberg can finish strong this year and stop letting hamilton unsettle him next year could be a lot closer.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.