F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually not a bad race, lol :grinning:

Obviously Nico buggered off in the distance to drive away by himself, but loads of fun behind, all the way through. Good battles with Lewis/Kimi/Ric. But why did they put Lewis on the mediums at the end instead of the softs? He had no chance with the damaged car against Kimi and Ric on better rubber. I thought that was the whole point of the double pit stops under the safety car, to make sure he could stay on the best compound throughout?

Good recovery by Vettel as well, has to be said.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
What's the story with the pit lane overtake - is this allowed?
The pit lane is part of the track till they get to the speed limit point, so it's allowed.

Vettel clearly knows the rule book very well, button didn't even know by the sounds of it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Seb knows his rule book, apparently the pit lane is part of the track all the way to the limiter (y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Vettel is, arguably, the most switched on driver out there. Chastising Kvyat for his 1st corner move was a bit rich though. Roles reversed he would have done the same.

Rosberg is getting it all too handy at the moment, challengers are falling by the way side or tripping each other up. Would have been a better race if the Ferrari's didn't collide or if Ricciardo didn't suffer a puncture but such is motor racing: Can only beat what's in front of you.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He does divide opinion, no doubt about it.

I've liked him since GP2 days & at least he's not the same as the others on the grid; dull, monotone & lacking any sort of personality.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I'm no fan of his either. When he was a rookie in F1, I thought he was great, he was a breath of fresh air in Formula 1. I mean, he can drive and is highly talented but my god, what a posy p***k.

As to the championship standings, I think it's way, way to earlier for him to complain about luck. We have a race calendar longer than past ones so that 36 point deficit can be eaten into over the course of the season.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yes, Bernie needs to go but need to be careful with who replaces him.

A former F1 driver would be ideal, maybe Mika Hakkinen or Alex Wurz.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bernie already is gone, he has nothing to say any more. What we see now is all down to Merc, with a bit of help from Ferrari.

"Replacing" Bernie will change nothing at all, if anything it will make those two even stronger. If Bernie cannot control them, then nobody can.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Strong start from Nico, no unforced errors or silly mistakes, managing the race from the front in the fastest car..

Nice to see a red bull mixing it up in the front, wonder how big a difference there is in the power units of the 4 now

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The bit that sticks with me if how some say they need to earn the right to be there.

Like Maldonado for example? There's nothing special about F1 when compared to Indycar or endurance racing. OK, the format is different but the fitness and resolve needed to compete in those categories is no different.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nice to see a red bull mixing it up in the front, wonder how big a difference there is in the power units of the 4 now

Definite improvement somewhere from Renault or is it TAG? lol

Talk that Ferrari turned theirs down slightly in China due to reliability concerns.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Never saw it as Kvyat doing anything wrong, he had the position. Just bad luck for Seb to get caught out with nowhere to go. Nothing anyone could do, racing, nothing to write home about.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Same never thought Kyvat done anything wrong, certainly didn't torpedo out of nowhere.

And after seeing Kyvat's on board just confirms he done nothing wrong.

Just came up the inside smooth and quick, hugged the kerb till he move out for the next turn, but vettel hit Kimi well before Kyvat moved out.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
More on the 2017 rule changes, apparently the deal is close. Allegedly, lol :grinning:
Formula 1 set to agree plan on 2017 rule changes

Seems the main sticky bit is still the engine. Cannot see anything happening there - Merc and Ferrari will retain their advantage over "customer engines", it will just be calculated slightly differently, and nothing much will be done that will let Honda/Renault catch up either...

Not sure at all about the extra aero, seems like a step backwards to me. Sure the laptimes will drop, but overtaking will be even harder. Hardly going to make anything any more interesting?

And then the tyres, lord only knows what they will be like... Fingers crossed I guess!

Gambit

RMS Regular
like the look of the aeroscreen
_89502570_red_bull_screen_rex.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good grief, Lewis not getting much of a break this season! Another engine failure, apparently the same issue as in China.

Nico on pole, all set up to disappear in the distance on his own again.

Good show by Williams though :grinning: Suspect they will be gobbled up by Ferrari in the race though...

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Everything falling at Nico's feet.

Very unfortunate for Lewis but what can he do? Thankfully he has grown up in recent years otherwise the toys would be scattered everywhere.

Should be a good race for the podium tomorrow.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.